IVD Biotech Improvement Manager
A creative and challenging role is being offered within the Production Control department. The post holder will be responsible for the identification, design, validation and implementation of improvements to existing products and processes within manufacturing. The post holder will take responsibility for a team dedicated to improvement activities and working on projects which will typically vary in complexity. The post holder will be expected to work with many departments throughout the company notably Research, Development and Manufacturing. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the process including but not limited to the following:
- To manage a team of scientists who are working on feasibility studies, designing experiments and protocols.
- To actively participate in the Quality System to root cause and resolve non-conformities.
- To critically assess raw materials and generate raw material specifications including QC limits for all new assay components.
- To assess new materials and equipment where necessary and give feedback on suitability for use.
- To carry out full process and equipment validation in these instances.
- To possess specialist experience and knowledge with respect to immunoassays and so contribute to the specification and design of future products.
- To carry out design changes to existing products or processes when required and assist in the investigation of complaints if necessary.
- To ensure hazardous chemicals and reagents are handled appropriately and according to COSHH regulations.
- To critically evaluate analytical methods and equipment to maintain highest possible standards.
- To develop/contribute to new techniques/scientific understanding to improve upon existing and future products.
- To proactively communicate the progress of projects to senior management and all other active stakeholders.
- To represent the Company on scientific seminars/conferences if required.
Knowledge and Skills
- A relevant doctorate level degree in a Biological Sciences discipline or regular degree with equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of laboratory work.
- Supervisory experience
- Broad spectrum knowledge pertaining to the development and manufacture of immunology and immunodiagnostics products
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think laterally
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- The ability to organise own workload.
- To be flexible to the needs of the business.
- To be helpful, to have a courteous attitude to staff at all levels.
- The ability to follow set policies and procedures.
- To be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and mentor.
- A proven ability to communicate complex problems in a simple and cohesive manner.
- Experience of Technical Problem solving in an industrial setting.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75391166