As a Management Accountant you will be required to support the Finance Business Partner/Finance Manager with the delivery of accurate and dependable month end results and forecasting for the business. Please note from January 2018, employees based at Ebony House, Dudley will relocate to our new site, Ingenuity House, Bickenhill Lane, Solihull.
- Preparation of month end management accounts, including journal prep for month end accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of month end reporting packs and ad hoc attendance at monthly P&L reviews
- Revenue reconciliation and WIP management
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Debt management and reporting
- Support with preparation of budgeting and forecasting
- Use of pricing models to cost contract changes and one off works
- Spend analysis and management of out of policy spend with operations teams
- Support operations team with finance queries, including supply chain and billing
- Ad hoc reporting for SMT
What we are looking for
- You will need to be a confident communicator, able to successfully build working relationships across the business but importantly with the operations team, shared service centre, helpdesk teams, central finance team and other members of the Corporate finance team.
- You must be a team player and understand the importance of working together to deliver financial outputs in line with Group timetables and be willing to ‘go the extra’ mile when the deadline is tight.
- You should have a strong understanding of double entry book-keeping, either gained through a finance related study programme or on the job experience.
- You must have good working knowledge of Excel, including data manipulation routines such as pivot tables.Previous experience in a Management Accountant role.
- A good understanding of facilities management and maintenance activities - desirable
- Experience of maintaining extensive and very accurate records.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- A high appreciation and understanding of accounting and commercial practices.
- Experience in gathering information from operational teams.
- Good understanding of finance processes and finance standards.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly pressurised and driven environment.
- Self starter with the ability to unravel processes and suggest/implement improvements that drive efficiencies within the finance department.
- Experience in dealing with customer contacts.
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA, or equivalent
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75383088