CHP Service Engineer [UK Wide]
DC146 – CHP Service Engineer
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000
Location: UK Wide
This is an opportunity to join a thriving Gas engine CHP and Generator business, in an industry with a substantial future. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced but energetic person with time served on the tools. A mature outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes. A practical and Mechanical/Electrical background will be essential, with a willingness to learn. Full training and backup support will be given to make a successful post. The CHP Service Engineer will work from home, and a location to store parts and fluids will be provided. The candidate would ideally be located in the Midlands or the South of the UK but this is not essential.
Your position would be within the Service Department, reporting to the CHP Service Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Travelling all-round the UK.
• Using your engineering and computer skills to carry out servicing work on CHPs in the 30kW to 400kW size range.
• This will be a mixture of scheduled service work and reactive work where you will be the first-responder to a breakdown on site.
• You will be ‘van based’ and willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands.
• High mileage can be expected, and overnight stops will often be necessary.
• Positive mental attitude.
• Having the right to live and work in the UK.
• Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good verbal and written presentation skills.
• Happy with high mileage driving, and working away from home.
• High standards of cleanliness and personal presentation.
• Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast-moving business.
• Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships.
• Sense of humour essential.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as CHP service engineer, or similar role.
• Strong practical knowledge of LTHW systems, including practical experience of pumps, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations, and associated BMS controls.
• Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems.
• Practical knowledge of high level software based control systems such as Comap.
• IT skills, fluent with Outlook, Excel, and Word. Practical experience of using laptop based bespoke engine system analysis and control programmes such as Comap PC Suite / DSE Configuration Suite etc.
• Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc.
• Gas Safe qualification.
• IT / Broadband Network knowledge.
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification.
• IEE 17th Edition Qualified.
• CSCS card.
• Experience with building services plant such as boilers, HVAC, BMS etc.
• Knowledge of BMS protocol languages such as Modbus / Profibus / BACNet etc.
• Already own electrical and mechanical tool kit
• Attractive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications, but generally in the bracket of £23,000 to £28,000 per annum.
• Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme.
• Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling that may be needed.
• Company Vehicle, Company Phone and Laptop.
• Company Phone.
• 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75382013