Senior Transport Manager
A market leading FMCG business is recruiting a Senior Transport Manager to join their site leadership team in the West Midlands.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Transport Manager:
- Deliver all key operational business objectives, through the successful management and development of your leadership team and process improvement measures
- Exercising financial control and budgetary responsibility, driving and maximising profits.
- Deliver team member performance reviews, train, develop coach and/or succession planning as appropriate
- Lead and develop contingency plans to deal with seasonal demands and disruptions
- Manage and drive SLA's to ensure they are exceeded
- Deliver a robust health & safety operation, engaging staff on safe working methods and colleague welfare
- Ensuring site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
- Establishing a positive working culture, driving high levels of driver engagement
- Proven and demonstrative knowledge of running sizeable fleets of approx. 150 - 200 (Class 1 & Class 2) with approx. 250 Staff (Transport/Admin Management Teams plus drivers)
- Significant leadership experience within a high volume transport operations
- Ideally obtained a degree in a relevant discipline
- Must have National CPC (essential) or International CPC (desirable)
- Experience in management responsibility for a large transport P&L
- Sets clear, ambitious and feasible targets for oneself and for the team
- Lean management - continuous improvement
- Excellent man management and leadership skills
- Proven background leading a fast paced logistics operation delivering excellent resultsThe Senior
Transport Manager is an excellent opportunity to work for a FMCG Distribution company that is entering a successful growth stage of development. This role will have plenty of exposure to company directors and senior stakeholders and therefore are keen to bring in an ambitious but also technically astute Transport Leader looking to excel in their career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75392875