An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer to work within the Manufacturing Engineering Team. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £35-45K per annum plus The Manufacturing Engineer’s role is an integral team member in the department to enable the launch of successful NPI’s and improve existing work practises and processes, via the continuous Improvement routes.
The role will involve supporting relevant departments in the success of new NPI’s from a Manufacturing Engineering perspective from tooling, machines or processes that will be attributed to the launch. Be the custodian of the rollout of OEE within the workplace, across the shop-floor and monitor the performance of OEE through KPI’s and championing route cause analysis via 5 why or fishbone diagram’s. Bringing other departments together to resolve issues that become evident. Driving out inefficiencies and waste within the processes to improve product yield and quality of the product.
- To Lead Industrialisation activities regarding NPI
- To Lead the optimisation of existing processes
- Create new factory layouts based on Lean optimisation
- Create Process flows
- Champion the PFMEA document packs
- Keep track of the RPN Register
- Create and own capacity planning documentation for your chosen area
- Be the technical go to person for all M.E related issues
- Support the Maintenance Department in-times of operational requirements, such as breakdown support or advice
- Create a tooling improvement plan for the site and identify costs to rollout such a plan.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- • Qualified Manufacturing Engineer HNC or HND.
- Experience within the automotive industry ’’Desirable, 1st Tier’
- Experience of working with a wide range of tools
- Experience of product development
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Mould flow analysis
- Thermo-forming desirable
- Approving General Arrangement drawings prior to manufacturing tooling or equipment
- Computer and Presentation skills are key for this role.
To ensure we can convey the message of improvement to the wider team domain. The hours of work are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
The closing date is Noon on Friday 25th August 2017. Interviews will be held week commencing 4th September 2017.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply online or send in your up to date CV together with a covering letter detailing why you consider yourself the best candidate to .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75402581