Commercial Legal Counsel
It’s an exciting time to join our growing legal department at Wesleyan. We’re looking for a Commercial Counsel to support the Legal Counsel to review and draft appropriate contracts across the Wesleyan Group, and provide associated commercial legal advice including data protection, dispute resolution and project work.
About the Role
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and associated documents drawing on experience, using in-house templates and with reference to specialist subscription sources.
- To provide legal advice in respect to requests from across the business on a broad range of legal issues, and gain specialist advice from external advisers where appropriate. Advice could be required on a broad range of matters, including customer complaints and disputes.
- Identify areas of legal change or particular legal risk. Propose and implement pragmatic solutions.
- Maintain network of contacts within sector to ensure ways of working are consistent with good practice, and areas of legal change are identified on a timely basis.
- Network with key colleagues across the business to enable legal resource to be applied and utilised effectively.
- To provide specialist legal advice on areas of change including data protection law.
Whilst supervision will be available from the Legal Counsel you will be expected to have sufficient professional skill and experience to work largely independently on most tasks, therefore you must have good personal organisation and the ability to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will also have strong interpersonal skills to form and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, and to develop a good understanding of their areas of the business.
To be considered for this role you must be qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales, training at a top 100 private practice firm or equivalent in-house training contract, plus 3+ years PQE in commercial law, in particular contracts and associated legal work. Prior experience in financial services is not essential but would be an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75342284