Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
We are looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Support Workers who can offer commitment to delivering high quality care to our clients in the Hereford area.The Position:
You will need to have experience supporting clients with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities or autism. It's essential you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence.
You will be working on either a 1-1 basis or within a small team of Support Workers based in a residential home.
It's desirable that you have at least an NVQ2 / SVQ2 level qualification in Health and Social Care and epilepsy training.
Shift patterns can include regular part time or full time work as well as flexible rotas that suit any commitments you may have.Newcross Benefits:
- Salary up to £14.21/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free uniform and ongoing training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial joining period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a support worker role in a learning disability setting in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A full driving licence and access to a car is preferred
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.The Company:
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is an independent, family-run organisation dedicated to providing quality temporary staffing to hospitals, care homes and nursing homes in the UK. Because of our reputation as a great employer, we attract highly skilled healthcare professionals with care expertise ranging from paediatric nurses to carers for adults with learning disabilities. In our 21 years’ experience, we have created a recruitment system that ensures that we only hire the best people.The Local Branch:
Opened in 2015, Nursing agency Newcross Healthcare Hereford is situated in Kemble House on Broad Street in the city centre.
Our Hereford team is continuing to grow and we’re providing registered nurses and healthcare assistants to nursing home, care home and residential home clients throughout Herefordshire.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75406323