CAE Engineer - Finite Element Analysis Engineer
Job Title: CAE Engineer - Finite Element Analysis Engineer
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Salary: up to £36k depending upon experience
First Tier Automotive Supplier
Responsibility of the Role: the performance of a range of vehicle based structural analysis activities, from full vehicle level to chassis and body subsystems. There is a wide range of projects which the vehicle CAE team supports. These projects varies from performance passenger cars, commercial trucks and military vehicles, to novel low carbon concept projects.
- To work within an expanding vehicle analysis team supporting the design and development of vehicle chassis systems, powertrain systems and body structures for a wide range of vehicles
- The types of analysis usually handled within the team include static and dynamic stiffness, fatigue, optimization, linear and non-linear stress, modal, system noise and vibration, and crash. It is not essential to have experience in every single one of these areas.
- Define component concept designs through optimization and a CAE lead design process
- Fine tune designs and perform extensive virtual validation through the use of detailed assembly models including interfaces, joints, preloads and measured data as appropriate
- The preparation of technical reports & assisting with technique development
- Supporting the test teams for durability, NVH, crash etc as needed
- Liaising with clients and the internal project team as required
- Ensure compliance with all standards including customer and legislative
This is an opportunity to join a Global First Tier Automotive Supplier.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of at least one of the following CAE tools: Hyperworks, Nastran, Abaqus, Radioss. Proven experience in supporting vehicle design development through FEA, from concept level to highly detailed production intent levels. Proven experience of typical chassis system / vehicle attributes and the appropriate legislative requirements
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75402546