(Aldridge, West Midlands)
• Leads and manages the Aldridge plant to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied whilst operating within budgeted expenditure levels.
• Plans, directs and develops all activities related to manufacturing and the site management of the plant.
• The position reports to the Product Line Manager and is part of the Management Team.
• The jobholder will have considerable autonomy to deliver an effective and competitive service..
• He/she incorporates best practices in management style and have a sense of urgency in solving problems.
• Provides leadership to the operations team on all aspects related to the manufacturing of our products, to fulfil our customers’ needs in the most efficient and profitable way.
• Directs and develops the teams and operating procedures to ensure customer service performance measured through quality, cost and delivery is continuously improved.
• Drives to meet the On Time Delivery targets by putting in place the needed production capacity, resources and systems.
• Co-ordinate activities of the team to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimising operating working capital usage and minimising waste.
• Interacts closely with the Life Safety Operations team to adopt best practice and adopt all relevant Eaton metrics and analysis tools
• Provides strategic input on make versus buy decisions.
• Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process, including prototype/first batch design and build.
• Provides input to and support of strategic initiatives.
• Plans for improvement in both customer service levels and costs to provide product to customers.
• Drives the implementations 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology within the plant.
• Personally involved in quality improvement.
• Develops and implements effective systems to measure and improve performance while reducing cost.
• Drives Environmental Health & Safety (OSHME) programme thought out the Operations team and develops a strong EH&S culture
• Knowledge of both Supply Chain and Operations management
• General business management to ensure close collaboration with both Sales & Marketing Director and Finance Director
• Experience in managing product standards and conformance.
• Knowledge of EFQM and Business Excellence model an advantage
• Finance literate
• The Plant Manager will have an in-depth understanding and appreciation of the “bottom line,” product profitability, and possess solid analytical skills, strong business acumen, and outstanding communication and leadership skills.
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75396432