Payroll Implementation Lead
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
This is a 9 month Full time contract.
The payroll implementation lead is a functional subject matter expert role, working within HR Operations and substantially involved in delivery of a current project. Highways England is going through exciting change including transformation of the HR function. As part of this, the company is moving payroll services from one third party service provider (Arvato, using a SAP platform) to another (Liberata, using a SAFE platform). It is also migrating its core HR data from a third-party managed SAP system to an in-house Oracle Fusion system. Highways England was established in April 2015 as a government-owned company. It employs approximately 4,300 salaried staff on a single UK payroll, with a mixture of terms and conditions: legacy Highways Agency terms, post-April 2015 Highways England terms, and those relating to a number of smaller recent TUPE groups. Part-time working (e.g. 3-4 days per week) would be acceptable for this role.
Day to Day responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expert knowledge of payroll service delivery, guiding the design of employer-side and the specification of provider-side payroll services
- Prepare HR customers to adopt new ways of delivering compensation and benefits as part of the transformed operating model and payroll service
- Quality-assure requirements definitions, gather additional information, and recommend improvements to deliver an efficient and effective HR service for compensation and benefits
- Develop end-to-end processes and procedures (including process boundaries/handoffs) for delivery of compensation and benefits services across the directly operated HR system and third party payroll service, assuring legal and best practice compliance
- Support the functional specification of the HR system and payroll service, including the migration of current/historic data and interfacing of future HR, payroll and benefits (including pensions) data
- Develop payroll test cases, manage user acceptance testing and support payroll proving parallel runs
- Transfer knowledge to HR operations team leaders and members through training design and delivery
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal (e.g. HR, Finance, IT) and external (e.g. payroll service provider, HR system vendor, benefit provider) stakeholders
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure project outcomes are met
- Significant knowledge of payroll processes and systems (essential)
- Experience of managing payroll for a workforce with multiple working/shift patterns and contract types/sets of terms and conditions (essential)
- Experience of working with third party SaaS or managed service payroll service providers (essential)
- Proven success in delivering change in a customer-focussed and agile manner (essential)
- Knowledge of civil service pay and benefits processing (desirable)
- Experience with using Oracle and SAP HR databases (desirable)
- Foundation Degree in Payroll Management (CIPP) or equivalent in experience (desirable)
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75403246