Job Title: Quality Engineer
Type of Role: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Salary: up to £35k base depending upon experience
First Tier Automotive Supplier
This is an opportunity to join a Global First Tier Automotive Supplier.
- Handling the investigation of Quality related matters from Clients, in house production & Supply chain.
- Record results of Quality investigations relating to Client Complaints & Supplier non-conformance.
- Record corrective & preventive actions from Customer Complaints & Internal Process Investigations & Audits and management of resulting actions.
- Agree and implement corrective action resulting from supplier assessments.
- Conduct quality related training if required.
- Deal with daily quality issues.
- Conduct quality based projects as deemed necessary.
- Work with divisional managers to ensure manuals are fit, effective and communicated
- Create manufacturing control documentation i.e. control plans, key feature check-sheets & care points
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities
- HNC or equivalent with mechanical engineering content.
- Relevant QA professional qualification
- Experience in quality focused roles in a mix of engineering projects and low volume mechanical engineering based activities - Quality Consulting or Systems implementation an advantage.
- Experience of working in a precision machining environment
- Ability to read complex technical drawings
- Automotive awareness and of IATF / TS16949
- Proven experience with PPAP, APQP, FMEA, FAIR & 8D
- Engineering process improvement skills
- Internal audit - ideally to ISO9001, AS9100
- Configuration and traceability control to mainstream automotive or aerospace standards.
- Working in an AS9100 or ISO-TS16949 environment
- Process improvement, particularly related to 'Lean' techniques and
- Working in small integrated teams
- Previous end-to-end supply chain responsibility
- Supplier performance audit and assessment
- Working with mainstream automotive or aerospace quality management processes
Please contact Susannah
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75411337