Human Factors Researcher / Ergonomist
Human Factors Researcher/ Ergonomist / Warwick / £30k -£40K (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Design Research, Design strategy, User research, Ethnography, Workshops, Anthropology
An award winning Product Design Consultancy based in the heart of Warwickshire is looking to hire a new Human Factors Researcher. This is a well establish and industry leading studio with a portfolio that spans across over 50 years of design and development in many sectors such as Medical, FMCG, Consumer Products and Transport. They are in need of a talented researcher who possesses strong customer affinity and user empathy, thrives on working in multi-disciplinary teams and has a passion for field / ethnographic research, data analysis and insights translation. The Researcher will join a dedicated and passionate Research team, while working closely with other design researchers, strategists, ergonomists, designers and engineers.
THE HUMAN FACTORS RESEARCH ROLE
- Involved in the designing and planning of research projects from conception to execution
- Conduct requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, observations, contextual inquiries, user interviews, workshops, and other methods
- Routinely inventing, developing and introducing new methods and techniques
- Translate data into insights, frameworks and expressions of human needs
- Help create compelling presentations and design/product recommendations including video capture and editing.
- Thrive in cross-disciplinary collaboration to generate user-centred opportunities and concepts.
- Adapt to changing schedules and different types of projects
- Spend time travelling (up to 15% as needed)
ABOUT THE HUMAN FACTORS RESEARCHER
- Degree or higher in human factors, ergonomics, cognitive psychology, usability, anthropology, design, engineering, or equivalent field
- A demonstrated understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- At least 3 years experience of applying human factors methodologies to product development programmes.
- Ability to connect insights to design - the insights and information drawn from research must be translated into an inspirational and useful foundation for design.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy and passion for people.
- Experienced in the use of video to capture and communicate findings.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75403257