Regional Efficiency Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Efficiency Manager to be based in Birmingham, to create and manage a Regional programme of efficiency initiatives, ensuring effective collaboration throughout the Region and with service providers, to enable achievement of the Region's efficiency KPI whilst ensuring compatibility of efficiency initiatives with other Regional KPIs.
Day to day
- Collaborate with Commercial & Procurement, Business Transformation & Performance colleagues, efficiency managers throughout the Operations regions, as well as service providers; to seek out tool kits, best practices, case studies and published guidance, and to share lessons
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Region and with service providers to create, quantify and prioritise a programme of efficiency initiatives, continually challenging the Regional programme to deliver maximum efficiencies and ensuring that the achievement of these is compatible with other KPIs
- Understanding of the business and organisation of the Operations Directorate and Region, and its relationship to the wider Highways England organisation
- Own the efficiency register, collaborating with colleagues throughout the Region and with service providers to ensure that efficiency opportunities and efficiency gains are reported and accurately recorded
- Collaborate with Commercial & Procurement and Finance colleagues to ensure that base lines are established to calculate efficiencies created from the implementation of efficiency initiatives, and to ensure that adequate evidence is provided to satisfy the ORR Monitor's requirements
- Evidence of working successfully with senior representatives from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Practical understanding of road transport infrastructure operations, maintenance and renewal, methods of construction, materials, plant, equipment and labour requirements.
- Successful track record of delivering change and improvement in matrixed role
- Lean or continuous improvement skills
- High resilience, to deal constructively with conflicting priorities and setbacks.
- Excellent communicator, to clarify and ensure understanding of network and customer issues
- Commercially focused, to drive supplier performance and value for money
- Strong analytical skills, to develop, analyse and provide commentary on project plans and performance.
We look forward to hearing from you. So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the role, and Highways England, requirements.
And to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible. We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong.
Help keep England moving
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75429228