Are you a design engineer that works on seating? Do you want your next contract to be an exciting one? If so, this is a great role for you!
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- CAD design and NX modelling of Seating and Interior trim components from concept to completion in line with Programme milestones.
- Preparation of detailed drawings to high drafting standards
- Management of CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed
- Preparation and completion of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of Senior engineer/PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Support/investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
- Knowledge of Interior trim and Seating components, plastic injection mouldings, Vac formed parts, S-RIMM, machined metal products and metal bracketry etc.
- Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of GD&T.
- Experienced NX user essential.
- A basic knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
- Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
Respond to this advert with your CV or alternatively give me a call on 01489 560123 - ask for Connor!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75429361