Responsible and directly accountable for leading the workplace team based at Ingenuity House ensuring that an exceptional level of service & standards are achieved consistently. The Workplace Manager will provide support for workplace services & management, covering all aspects of the customer journey; in effect full facilities management, and will be accountable for working in close collaboration with their peer group to provide a full service delivery model for customers.
The Workplace Manager will build the workplace team’s capability to deliver a high quality end user experience for both Ingenuity House employees and visitors. In addition they will own the reporting, measurement and insight of customer and client feedback and views of the workplace environment, spotting trends and building a continuous improvement framework for the workplace.
The Workplace Manager will be a champion of customer excellence, working in close collaboration with the central Customer Experience Team to equip themselves and their team with the skills to deliver their customers brand workplace proposition consistently.
To ensure levels of expertise is maintained, the Workplace Manager will focus specifically around the following key elements:
• workplace trends – keeping abreast of industry thinking and reporting, thought leadership internal and external programmes
• process improvement mapping and root cause analysis
• workplace standards
• technology and reporting
• customer experience training and engagement
• customer communication
• customer insight & measurement including quality audits & surveys
• service recovery tools
• customer journey mapping and measurement
• CX cycle of continuous improvement & innovation The Workplace Manager will be responsible for working closely with senior clients to ensure a clear understanding of their needs & requirements. Furthermore the Workplace Manager will be responsible for communicating needs and requirements effectively to the workplace management team and other key stakeholders to ensure we meet and exceed expectations. In addition the Workplace Manager will be responsible for delivering a high quality communication plan for their key stakeholders by establishing an account wide CRM (customer relationship mapping) process .
The Workplace Manager will be a key escalation point for client and stakeholder complaints ensuring a robust service recovery model is in place with learning’s and complaints being consistently monitored and recorded. They will also ensure a safe working environment and that working practices are adhered to.
Ingenuity Houseand the wider Interserve estate
Interserve is building a new UK Hub, Ingenuity House, with a resultant rationalisation of five of the existing Interserve buildings within its current portfolio. Ingenuity House will ensure a first-rate workplace and be a physical manifestation of the Interserve brand where we are proud to bring clients and showcase our skills.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workplace Manager to bring innovation, continuous improvement and team working to our brand new SMART building, as well as other buildings in the wider Interserve.
Job purpose - Engaging, inspiring and strengthening our company culture
Reporting to the Workplace Director this is a site based role, with critical responsibility to represent, uphold and strengthen the Interserve culture.
- Recruit, train and develop a high calibre team that is engaged with the business and delivers high quality results against agreed objectives.
- Lead and motivate the Workplace team - manage and deploy the team effectively to achieve contract requirements against service lines and deliver labour and budget profits.
- Ensure all training and development is completed to standard and in line with company procedures
Identify training needs for the team and conduct coaching & training on an on-going basis to ensure the team are fully qualified in all areas
- Maximise the talent within the team utilising their strengths and helping with development areas
- Conduct regular 1-1 and reviews process with team members, set clear measureable objectives
- Be fully conversant with workplace standards, trends values & behaviours and act as a role model for the team
- Be highly visible with the team and lead by example by demonstrating desired values & behaviours
- Contribute to business wide initiatives to develop the account thinking and plans
- Provide coaching and feedback to the team on a group & individual basis
- Maintain adherence to the clients code/rules of conduct
- Ensure the team are aware/trained and follow all QHSE procedures and the team is empowered to cease any work that breaches the agreed rules
- Encourage, motivate, coach, support and manage performance of the people in the team to meet contract requirements and exceed customer requirements
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure the team delivers excellent customer service, at all times
- Develop good working relationships with all key stakeholders, both individually and with the wider team in order to be recognised as a trusted partner.
- Be highly visible to all key stakeholders
- Be the key escalation for senior clients for the workplace team
- Ensure the team fulfil all reasonable requests from both visitors & employees to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety
- Identify opportunities for the team to tailor service to individuals & departments based on their needs and requirements
- Take full ownership of what’s happening in the buildings/areas of responsibility and ensure the team have the appropriate knowledge & information to communicate with customers & visitors
- Be a role model and champion of customer service
- Develop a stakeholder CRM process to engage with key stakeholders and utilise their clients internal communication processes or platforms
- Challenge ways of working if not conducive to an effective workplace environment
- On-going communications with the team including leading regular formal team meetings in line with company guidelines, shift briefings and ensure all the team are fully conversant with key information and understand what is expected of their roles
- Plan and deploy team member movements and ensure the whole team is aware of this
- Ensure the workplace team are working collaboratively with wider senior management team colleagues and teams.
- Ensure a robust shift handover process is in place
- Regular meetings and progress updates with their client’s department heads, PA’s and FM management team.
- Develop a communication plan for the year with a calendar of key events and programmes for their clients
- Attend and contribute towards weekly team meetings to discuss account performance, KPI’s problems and best practice.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the National Service Centre (NSC), understand the impact of the NSC on the workplace activities and performance and to actively seek and feedback opportunities for improvements.
- A team player that will help & support colleague departments
- Develop and own departmental budget
- Detailed knowledge of the contract specification, work area, KPI, customer measurement and work schedules and organise the team to conform to service level specification
- Deploy the team effectively managing rotas, holidays & sickness
- Ensure the team log all tasks with the helpdesk and a record of all tasks is kept up to date and managed through to completion
- Ensure all SLA and contract requirements are met
- Run and monitor reports daily/weekly/monthly to ensure target SLA performance.
- Manage departmental costs and profits
- Be fully aware of all company policies relating to security, post & mail, H&S and other building rules
- Follow company procedures relating to people & procedures and deal with any HR issues as required
- Conduct regular site audits, supported with coaching to ensure standards are delivered
- Complaint logging and measurement
- Recognition programme management for reward
- Ensure the smooth running of all workplace policies and procedures
- Ensure the team maintain a professional image at all times, in uniform to standard, keep all areas are maintained; clean and tidy, ready for business in the customer brand.
- Work with the cleaning team and workplace co-ordinators to ensure high levels of cleanliness at all times.
- Liaise closely with all department heads to ensure that consistency of standards and a professional image are maintained.
- Ensure the workplace team are auditing the workplace to standard, benchmarking performance of results.
- Used targeted training and intervention with the team to develop their workplace standards
- Ensure the client meeting room booking process works effectively and the appropriate work place support is provided
- Manage the teams to all aspects of the customer brand are ready for business, this covers the whole customer journey not limited to and as example: car park, gatehouses, arrival teams, security, reception, access control, workspaces, catering, washrooms, room layout, cleanliness, equipment testing and stock replenishment and all services requested are delivered on time and to specification as required by the customer brand
- Ensure regular checks/floor walks of all areas to ensure workplace standards are maintained at all times i.e. cleanliness, maintenance, replenishment and provide coaching & feedback as appropriate
- Ensure the team use the in-house systems to monitor and report on workspaces effectiveness.
- Promote and ensure the Ingenuity house rules and clear desk policy are adhered to.
- Manage teams to ensure that all facilities in are kept clean and tidy, stocked and ready for business i.e. toilets, stationary & kitchen facilities, through leadership of the team
- Ensure the workplace teams communication platforms are up to date and accurate.
- Conduct regular checks and reviews with the team to ensure all maintenance issues are proactively identified and reported immediately, to ensure a speedy resolution, including all furniture, fittings and equipment and doors
- Conduct regular checks/floor walks of all areas to ensure workplace standards are maintained at all times i.e. cleanliness, maintenance, replenishment and provide coaching & feedback to Workplace Co-ordinators
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and carry out instructions given by the senior management team
- Understand the location and key amenities
- Responsible for health & safety in designated area of responsibility to ensure that any unsafe items/areas are dealt with immediately and also ensure all people adopt safe working practices at all times
- Accountable for good building induction policies and procedures ensuring the workplace team own the induction programme for their customer brands.
What we are looking for
- Clearly demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience of managing a large customer facing team
- Proven experience within a strong customer service environment
- Experience of leading a ‘front-of-house’ team in a hospitality or corporate environment
- High quality interpersonal skills, with excellent written and spoken communication skills both to individuals and groups
- Self disciplined and able to work on own initiative and the ability to make decisions without referral to line manager
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work with good problem solving skills
- Ability to deal positively with conflict situations
- Attention to detail, standards focussed and methodical & organised
- A team player with the ability to work within a team
- Educated to degree standard or with equivalent experience
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Computer literacy, competent with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Outlook and the ability to support printing and audio-visual solutions
- Valid formal Health & Safety qualification e.g. IOSH (1 or 5 day) is desirable
- Cares about people
- Committed to training and development and mentoring
- Leads by example and role models behaviours
- Is enthusiastic and motivates a team of people
- Great at time management & priority setting
- Able to set goals and standards
- Ability to plan and schedule effectively
- Listening & organising
- Has clarity of communication
- Is able to get objective information
- Evaluates employees and performance
- Advising & disciplining
- Problem identification and solution
- Assessing risks and decision making
- Thinking clearly and analytically
- Engage key stakeholders
- Ability to remain calm, patient and polite when receiving customer feedback
- Be helpful and go out of your way to help guests, employees and the public
- Professional - “can do attitude” gets things done, no problem is too small
- Be confident, approachable & self motivated
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Welcome & embrace change with a positive attitude
- Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control
- Be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Be able to prioritise duties
- Action orientated and results focussed
- Energetic & dynamic
- Be honest & reliable
- Be trustworthy & respectful
- High standards of self presentation
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
- Always be a good team player
- Work across other teams and departments
- Build and maintain good relationships with all team members
- Work together with the work place team to ensure that the building is the best that it can be
- Be willing to take on jobs to balance the team workload
- Be able to communicate well with people at all levels
- Additional working times may be available outside the standard job profile to meet additional operational requirements
- To carry out any reasonable management request
- To use a time and attendance system to record working hours
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75412311