Operations Manager - International Family Tracing
Location: Flexible location
Full time 35 hours per week
Contract type: 12 month Fixed Term
Salary: £27,113 - £30,603 (depending on experience)
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the British Red Cross International Family Tracing (IFT) team.
The UK Operations Directorate is undergoing a significant period of change. Working closely with the Restoring Family Links UK Manager and through collaboration with colleagues across the movement, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery and development of our International Family Tracing activity within the West UK region, to include those detained for immigration purposes. This will include the implementation of a new beneficiary relationship management system as part of a service transformation process.
Working flexibly and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to ensure the continued delivery of a consistent, responsive and accessible service to demonstrate maximum impact for the people we support.
The main responsibilities of post will include:
- Performance and resource management for International Family Tracing activity
- People and culture management and support
- Service User inclusion and relationship management
- Risk management and funding development
About the team
The role of International Family Tracing Operations Manager sits within the Refugee and Restoring Family Links directorate.
For people in crisis, as a result of their migration status, in need of protection, displaced and often having experienced family loss and separation our Refugee Support and Restoring Family Links team will deliver on our unique position and responsibility as part a truly global humanitarian organisation, present at every stage on the migratory trail to:
- Reduce destitution and exploitation
- Restore family links and facilitate reunion
- Challenge stigma and build inclusion
- Ensure protection and empower people to make positive decisions to regain control of their lives
We will do this by mobilising the power of humanity through three distinct vehicles for change - advocacy, service delivery and by creating the right environment. We will engage with our service users and use their experience and evidence to inform our development and delivery and will seek out opportunities to build productive alliances across the UK, wider movement and beyond to enable delivery on our mission at the earliest opportunity.
Through collaboration, we will achieve:
- The definition and delivery of a distinct core service offer
- Ensure greater accessibility and Service User inclusion
- Policy change through effective advocacy
- Key alliances and public understanding
- Increased restricted / grant funding
- Improved wellbeing and development opportunities for our people
About the person
We welcome applications from candidates who feel that have the skills, experience and knowledge stated on the attached job description, including:
- Educated to A level (or equivalent by experience)
- Demonstrable awareness of current affairs, world geography and cultural affairs, including current and past conflict situations
- Knowledge of government, statutory and voluntary sectors in which the British Red Cross works, including ICRC codes of conduct
- Ability to develop appropriate service delivery processes, mechanisms and systems, and their monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to build strong and effective alliances and relationships at a senior level
- Ability to use and operate delivery performance measures and report on delivery outcomes
- Management experience that includes general management in a multi-disciplinary team supporting vulnerable people
- Experience of identifying service needs, and exploiting and developing service opportunities
- Experience of liaison and networking at a senior level with external partners
- Management of significant budgets, managing teams through change
Closing date for applications is (23:59), Monday, 21st August 2017.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend an interview week commencing 28th August 2017.
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at quoting reference REQ0000014VI
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network.
We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75425118