Analytical Field Service Engineer
Company Car, Departmental Bonus £2K upon successful completion of probation and annual targets, Paid Overtime, Average Holiday Pay on Paid Overtime, Travel expenses, Phone, Laptop, Company Pension, Childcare Vouchers, BUPA Healthcare after successful
In order for our client to offer the best service to our new and existing customer base there is a requirement for the job holder to live in Stoke or the surrounding areas. This location has been strategically selected due to the concentrated customer base in this area. This will ensure that we deliver exceptional Service at the lowest possible cost, whilst at the same time reducing the need for extended travel and time away from home.
The key aim of our Analytical Field Service Engineers is to be responsible for effectively and efficiently completing all service activities to satisfy customer requirements and to enhance Mettler Toledo service profitability.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Using your key competencies work with our Customers to ensure that our equipment is used correctly and efficiently. This key objective can take many forms as our product portfolio is vast.
- Be the subject matter expert on chemical analysis and advise external clients on best practice methods to ensure their Titration experiments are effective and efficient.
- Advise external clients on the best use of Protective and Purge gases to reduce errors when performing Thermal Analysis.
- Work with External customers to install, commission and validate new and used equipment in Laboratories. Advise on product position so external environmental conditions are reduced to a manageable level.
- Complete Validation log books and Operational qualification to prove equipment is in a serviceable state for handover to the customer.
- Provide onsite customer training on new and used equipment offering best practice advice.
- Work with all key stakeholders to ensure Service Levels are met when attending unplanned Service orders.
- Take ownership of reactive breakdown calls and ensure that a speedy resolution is reached with our clients.
- Advise and maintain adequate parts holding to ensure that you affect a first time fix at all service visits.
- Complete preventative maintenance activities as directed by the instrument specific SOP's.
- Consistently enhance the customer and Mettler Toledo collaboration by becoming the Trusted Advisor.
- Ensure that all requirements under Health and Safety legislation; customer specific site regulations and required quality systems are adhered to.
- At times you will also be required to provide personal information to our customers so that they can conduct their security checks
- Proactively work with clients both new and existing to maximise lead generation.
- Ensure that you consistently work to and adhere to all GMP/GLP standards.
What you will need to succeed
- Experience of working within a fast paced field service team.
- Degree level knowledge of electronics/engineering - essential.
- Experience and familiarity on the following subjects is essential:
- Material Characterisation.
- Thermal Analysis
- Titration Techniques (Volumetric, Coulometer and Karl Fischer)
- Physical Value determination.
- Thermal Value determination..
- Windows Operating systems.
- Mobile Data Applications.
- Consistently contribute to the ongoing success of Mettler Toledo by providing good quality leads from our customers.
- Proven ability to coach end users on Analytical products and their operation.
- Applicants will possess a full driving licence and be flexible to cover other areas in the UK as required.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75434178