Construction Readymix Relief Driver (HGV 1/HGV2)
We are looking for people who possess a passion for driving, delivering fantastic customer service and have the desire to go the extra mile. In this role you will be working on our prestigious contract delivering readymix material. You will always strive to exceed customer expectations building an innovative, effective and respected relationship.
We have Relief, Static and Tramping roles available.
Full training is provided.
- You will be responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of ready mix concrete to various customer locations within your designated area.
- You will cover various sites in and around, i.e. West Midlands, you will be providing holiday and sickness support therefore you will be provided with your own small Corsa van and also may be required to stay out when needed (£25 a night allowance).
- Complete daily vehicle DVIR checks with regards to safety and DOT requirements, and keep the truck in acceptable condition i.e. maintenance and cleaning.
- Remain assigned to your NEW vehicle unless stated otherwise by a supervisor.
- Attach extension shutes weighing 20Kg to tip your load.
- Work in accordance to safe working practices as well as legislation regards to Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately with good attention to detail.
- Hours of work are Monday - Friday with flexible shifts available.
- You must hold a current C+E, or CAT C licence (as well as Driver CPC)
- Be enthusiastic, reliable and customer focused, with the ability to maintain positive internal and external customer relationships
- Be punctual, have good communication skills and work ethic
- Good geographical knowledge is beneficial
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
You will also receive:
£250 after 3 months of working for us and a further £250 after 6 months
£250 for recommending a friend, and your friend also gets £250
£300 per annum for zero days unauthorised absence
£150 per annum for 1 day unauthorised absence
£200 per annum for no accidentsAbout Us
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75435776