Senior Project Manager
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Project and Programme Delivery team are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family. The core responsibility of the team is to plan, execute and deliver technology change to the bet365 platform, taking an idea and navigating it through requirement, design, build, test, implementation and into run operations.
You will be technically astute and have previous experience working in an enterprise size organisation using a variety of technologies, software and methods. You will be able to manage projects of various scope, size and complexity, and you will thrive and deliver in a fast paced environment. Projects will cover technology, product, regulatory and internal changes, therefore you will be adaptable to the type of work, whilst maintaining the drive and determination required.
Ownership and Engagement
• Full ownership of running projects from initiation through to delivery and closure, working towards the agreed timescales.
• Managing and being accountable for delivery of large projects, where necessary breaking them into multiple projects and delegating the work packages to Project Managers/Project Coordinators within the team.
• Full responsibility for ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly using the tools necessary to manage scope, time, risk and quality.
• Working with our delivery stakeholders, clearly defining detailed delivery and implementation plans to support project delivery.
• Providing clear communication on all projects under your management and ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date as appropriate.
• Working with business and IT stakeholders to define the scope and solutions of projects, leading on the resolution of issues as necessary.
• Working directly with appointed technical leads and project team members to provide support and direction as required, contributing towards the overall objectives of the project.
• Managing changes in scope and priorities in an effective and controlled manner.
Reporting and Risk/Issue Awareness
• Monitoring and tracking progress against project phases milestones and deliverables.
• Tracking and reporting against project status on a regular basis providing detailed updates as necessary to senior stakeholders and management.
• Ensuring project risks and issues are managed effectively from identification through to closure.
• Ensuring that key assumptions and decisions are recorded and validated.
• Following delivery, providing lessons learned and activity based actions to improve the department’s delivery capabilities.
• Coaching and mentoring of Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
• Reviewing quality assurance of project plans and requests for work (RFWs) created by other members of the team.
• Reviewing quality assurance of weekly project reports or steering group packs created by other members of the team.
• Inputting to the Project and Programme Delivery continuous improvement plans.
• Managing and tracking budgets for all projects.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Experience managing simultaneous deliveries across a variety of technology platforms and software, including direct liaison with and matrix management of technical teams.
• Experience in software development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
• Familiarity in dealing directly with technical functions including architecture, software development, test, release management, database, network, platform and operations.
• Broad knowledge of project management terminology, tools and techniques.
• Ability to plan, balancing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment.
• Ability to translate technical project requirements into business friendly language.
• Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards.
• Attention to detail and proactive with a strong focus on completing/finishing.
• Understanding of data gathering and business analysis
• Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience in manipulating data to make it meaningful for different audiences.
• Managing relationships and team working
• Drive to contribute to the continuous improvement of project delivery and project management office.
Experience and knowledge of solution design, IT service continuity and regulatory work is desirable. Whilst not essential, a qualification in recognised project management methods would be advantageous.
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, quoting the Job Reference Code SPM0817RD to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ or click on the link to apply.