Site Buyer - Power Solutions - Stafford
Site Buyer - Power Solutions – Stafford
Our client, a major Power Solutions manufacturer based in Stafford with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a short term contract opportunity for a Site Buyer to join their Global Supply Network Division.
You will be responsible for managing procurement activity for the Large Power System Division (LPSD) at our client’s Stafford Engine manufacturing facility. Your role will involve delivering procurement excellence and integration between Global Supply Network Division (GSND) and the facility. As a Buyer you will provide purchasing solutions expertise and deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock. The role will demonstrate leadership in implementing cost reduction projects and inventory and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment.
Key Responsibilities of the Site Buyer
- Responsible and accountable for the implementation of a local sourcing strategy
- Managing policies, agreements, special purchasing programs; and supporting specific Product line(s) NPI programs
- Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and new product introduction activities within Purchasing
- Liaison with corresponding Category buyers.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Site Buyer role
- Degree educated or equivalent experience within a Purchasing role.
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of managing global suppliers.
- Professional certification in Purchasing and/or Inventory Management
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.