Sales Executive / BDM - Distribution
Sales Executive / BDM
£20,000 basic (£35,000 1st year OTE) + Car allowance - £325 per month + expenses
Location - 1x Birmingham (50 mile radius)
- 1x Nottingham (50 mile radius)
Reports to: Regional Development Manager
The company, established in 1972, has grown to be the world’s largest independently owned express courier network with over 1000 offices in 209 countries and territories. Over the years they have developed the complete range of distribution services to meet customers every distribution need.
To plan and carry out direct sales activities within a defined sales territory, so as to maintain and develop sales of the company's service. In addition to this develop UK major accounts in accordance with the company's agreed business plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To achieve new business sales results that meet agreed monthly, quarterly targets
2. Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database.
3. Plan and carry out direct lead development activity including; cold calling, telemarketing and referrals.
4. Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone, and personal visits.
5. Maintain and develop new customers through planned account support.
6. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
7. Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
8. Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
9. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Scale and territory indicators:
Core product range of:
· Express Courier
· Mailing and fulfilment
· Logistics, storage, pick and pack
Target sectors: Business’s that have a requirement for any of the services detailed above.
Key focus on international e-retail opportunities
We are looking for professional, results driven, ambitious sales person
Specific Job Skills:
New business sales
Ability to identify trends and to plan action
Need creation selling
· Computer Skills
Competent in using MS package
· Commercial Skills
Able to understand basic P&L
Sales experience within the international courier industry would be an advantage however full training will be provided.
Demonstrable success in selling business to business is essential.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 09:00 to 17:30
Basic Salary £20,000 per annum
OTE Potential £30,000 -£35,000
Car allowance £325.00 per months plus expenses