I am working with one of the UK's fastest growing utilities company based in Birmingham. They have an excellent opportunity for a digital marketing exec to play an active part in their growth and how they look.
Salary:£22-25k plus 10% bonus
Main Purpose of digital marketing exec role.
'Think Differently’ is one of clients core value and part of the role as a Digital Marketing Executive will require 'thinking outside of the box’ in developing my clients online presence for both the SME and domestic market places.
My client prides itself on being a technologically advanced energy company and therefore digital marketing will form a vital part of driving the success of the company. They will support the Head of Marketing with the management of my clients website, intranet and social media platforms and all online communications, in terms of planning, communication, monitoring and analysis.
- Social media platform management
Work with the Head of Marketing and Operations teams to plan and deliver the social media engagement plan. Find ways to build audience and engagement with potential and current customers and maintain my clients positive prescence on social media platforms, including Trustpilot, Twitter, Facebook and maintain the company Linkedin page. Responsible for monitoring all social media activity using social media monitoring software, reporting against qualitative and quantitative goals to increase reach and ensure positive sentiment.
- Online portal management
Responsible for managing my clients customer portal - ensuring it meets customer needs and aid the efficiency of serving customers. Manage customer portal ongoing improvement programme, working with Customer Services Team. Work closely with PMO & IT departments to input into the plans for launching a customer app and provide branding guidance.
- Company intranet
Manage the company intranet - acting as the gatekeeper for all content published on the platform ensuring it is approved by relevant stakeholders and making suggestions for continuous improvement and expansion. Responsible for the design and content writing of new sections and provide recommendations to departments on their individual sections. HTML knowledge would be desirable.
Responsible for the ongoing content management plan of the current website and the new UK website upon launch, ensuring the site’s content is regularly updated, meets brand guidelines and is compliant with industry regulations.. Suggest areas of improvement from industry insight and customer feedback.
- Website reporting and optimisation
Use Google Analytics to monitor web site traffic and conversion. Including; sources, conversions, campaign attribution and page visits. Work with agencies to make recommendations to improve page performance and site conversions to increase SME leads and domestic sales.
- Digital campaign management
This person will be heavily involved in the creation, testing and analysis of digital campaigns. They’ll be required to develop a proactive digital marketing plan to include SEO, PPC and Digital display activity.
- Omnichannel marketing
The candidate will be required to develop new digital routes to market through an omnichannel approach which will include whitelabel opportunities.
- Ad hoc duties
Responsible for any other ad hoc duties as may be assigned by the Head of Marketing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Essential Functional Skills/Experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Competent user of social media platforms for business
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver skills
- Experience and examples of content pieces and copywriting skills
- HTML knowledge
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience working with a CMS system
- Knowledge of digital trends
- A working knowledge and understanding of the utilities industry and regulations
- Competitor research and analysis skills
- Ability and experience manipulating data in CRM systems
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Creative and 'out of the box’ thinker
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills - ability to prioritise workload
- Exceptional standard of literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong web-based marketing skills
- Team player
- Good understanding of technical aspects of online marketing
Feeling up for the challenge? If you have the skills/experience, and are looking for the next step in your career we’d love to hear from you.
Due to high number of candidates applying for this role, if you haven't been contacted within 3 days of applying then we regret to inform you that you haven't been successful on this occasion.