TAS Assistant Manager
Job Description Summary:
An Assistant Manager must be capable of assisting with transactions and handling smaller transactions; must interface with clients, management, external financiers and other professionals. An assistant manager should know when to seek advice from the manager/senior manager and other specialists as appropriate (e.g. tax) and demonstrate strong commercial flair.
• Displays good commercial awareness.
• Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
• Seeks to participate in business development opportunities.
• Sells the firm through high quality of work.
• Promotes transactional services to other departments.
• Attends external networking opportunity events.
Credibility as a representative in TAS
• Is aware of strategic events occurring in the marketplace.
• Manages client expectations, undertaking an assignment manager role for smaller assignments.
• Engenders trust and respect from the client by managing the assignment accurately, delivering to expectations, responding quickly to client demands and delivering to deadlines.
• Attends presentations and can address more complex issues confidently.
Client take on/risk management
• Ensures compliance with internal procedures including the completion of take-on, conflict checking and setting up charge codes.
• Proactively understand the firm's potential liability on assignments.
• Is aware of changes in the firms approach to risk management.
• Responsible for drafting report sections, including the executive summary, with minimal or no input from the manager and ensures the report needs little amendment.
• Demonstrates an understanding of technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice.
• Ensures executives follow Core Product methodology.
• Sets deadlines for self and executives, puts measures in place to ensure their achievement.
• Supports peers in client meetings.
• Identifies key issues early and discusses with the manager, keeping them informed of progress.
• Manages the day-to day aspect of smaller assignments under associate director / director supervision.
• Completes tombstone and client approval.
• Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
• Mentors and coaches executives and builds the respect of peers and subordinates.
• Contributes to the group in terms of presentations at group meetings.
• Works effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
• Appraises and mentors executives giving regular feedback, timely appraisals and providing development opportunities.
Training/ self development
• Mentors and coaches new executives.
• Actively seeks and manages opportunities to attend workshops, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities.
Operations and results
• Assists with the preparation of fee estimates, proposals and budgets for client assignments assists in the full recovery of billable time through accurate and timely submission of timesheets.
• Takes proactive steps to keep utilisation high, and refers any identified opportunities to a manager/partner.
• Works efficiently and assists the job manager to collect fees and reduce debtor balances.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management