Assistant Buyer Cycles
About The Role
Things are moving pretty fast here at Halfords! Have you got the pace, experience and career aspiration to move with us?
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Buyer with cycling experience to assist the Buyer in product development, negotiation, sourcing and merchandising. Achieving competitive advantage for Halfords through sales growth and margin targets in line with the product area strategy.
• Understand our core Halfords cycling customer and build ranges and promotional strategy that suits their core needs and requirements.
• Manage a range of adult bikes across Halfords brands and non-Halfords brands.
• Identify gaps in ranges and propose range enhancements across multiple selling channels.
• Proactively source more commercially viable products with the support of a Buyer/ Category Manager.
• Complete timely range reviews for all key brands within your product area.
• Use competitor and customer research to identify ranging opportunities from our existing supply base.
• Lead budget and FC setting for the area – ensuring successful sign-off with Buyer and Category Manager.
• Monitor the forecast sales and margin performance in the category and drive key KPIs of Sales, £M, %M, Rebates and contributions.
• Support the management of the product range to minimise obsolete stock and clearance, whilst avoiding unnecessary financial loss.
• Managing our supply base - support the Buyer/ Category Manager in supplier negotiations. (Lead negotiations where appropriate)
• Lead the development of spot buys and lead the promotional planning for the bikes, liaising directly with the all of the promotional functions at Halfords.
• Gain a full understanding of price elasticity mechanisms.
• Utilise Halfords Multi Channel platforms to successfully engage with our customers. (Halfords.com, Cycle To Work Schemes)
• Communicate effectively with the customer through packaging, In Store Print and Point Of Sale.
• Support the delivery of appropriate packaging for different product types, understand the effect of packaging on cost and shipping.
• Support production of copy and in store communications.
• Test new product displays in the test bed with the support of space planning.
• Support the delivery of space planning processes.
Data and planning management
• Capture data and set up product accurately and on time.
• Management of administrative requirements to ensure R&C can be claimed.
• Awareness of competitor activity highlighting issues or trends as necessary e.g. promos, pricing and range.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75437380