GIS Technician - Solihull -£18-£21 per hour Ltd
Our client, a large Civil Engineering Consultancy company, are currently looking for a GIS Technician with 2+ years experience to join their team based in Solihull. This is for an initial 3 month contract with the view to be ongoing, so you'll have the opportunity to grow your skill base within their team!
As GIS Technician, you must have an in-depth understanding of data processing, analysis and visualisation, and hold a relevant GIS Qualification.
At their Solihull offices, you will provide support and assistance on multiple high profile jobs, be expected to process and analyse data, and create a large number of detailed mapped outputs.
- Update and maintain GIS data sets ensuring spatial and attribute consistency and accuracy
- Perform data audits of both internally and externally produced GIS/designs/databases
- Identify errors with maps and design drawings
- Collect and analyse data from multiple sources
- Work with supply chain and staff to ensure correct update of Asset management system
- Work with inspection teams to enable correct importing of data into associated systems
- Supply all necessary reports out of asset management system as required by the maintenance team
- Have up to date knowledge of working with data in various formats - ArcGIS, Access, Excel - to process, analyse and extract information
- Higher education in GIS (BSc in Geography or similar)
- Full working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS, and good Microsoft Excel experience
- Working knowledge of Map production
- Experience of creating web map viewers is ideal but not essential
This is an urgent contract position in Solihull that will go for at least 3 months with the view to extend for the right person.
If you have the required skills for this GIS Technician role and are able to commute to Solihull, then send your CV through now or give us a call for a chat to see if the role is right for you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75439759