Metering Performance Manager
Your team: Metering OperationsBased at: CoventryYour hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
About usHere at First Utility we want to make a difference. We are changing the face of the energy industry by campaigning for more transparency, better communication and a speedier switching process. Through pioneering technology and sharing our knowledge, we put our customers firmly in control of their energy, so they can spend less on what they need and more on what they want.We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey; our people make that difference. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Warwick, Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.We’re looking for a Metering Performance Manager to join our Metering Operations Team to help us continue to make that difference.How the role fits inThe role will report into the Head of Metering Operations and will lead on the collation, validation and interpretation of performance data across all aspects of the Metering environment. You will work with the Operational and Forecasting Managers within the Metering team and with the Metering supply chain to identify and diagnose trends, and agree with stakeholders next steps and actions.Key elements in this role will include, but will not be limited to;·Supporting in the creation and continuous improvement of reporting across all delivery KPI’s·Deliver actionable reports and insights from various operational inputs·Support commercial / contract conversations from an MI perspectiveThis opportunity will be suitable for someone who is naturally numerate and enjoys working with operational data to produce the key insights and information that help us improve our operational efficiency, maximise commercial and contract opportunities and drive an improved customer experience. You will need to be comfortable interrogating and manipulating large data sets, identifying trends and monitoring the numbers that support both lead and lagging indicators. The role day to dayRegulatory Reporting/Forecasting
- Support First Utility in monitoring progress towards our Smart roll-out obligation (2020). Tracking real time portfolio MI and providing insights driven by the data
- Support collation of regulatory returns, Ofgem, BEIS, DCC
- Analysis and reporting on our customer portfolio, supporting provision of SMA (smartable customers) to our service provider. Working with our Data & Insights team to identify risks and opportunities.
- Collation of Health & Safety data to support monthly external reporting. Performance and comparison analysis of this data.
- Support submission of Service Standard data to Ofgem and readiness for website publication. Again providing analysis and insights into the data set. Ensure reimbursement of payment from third party.
- Weekly performance reporting data collection
- Data deep dives to support / lead decision making and provide assurance of performance, both operational and financial, to include stock management, install outcomes, invoice disputes.
- Monthly Board / Executive slides creation
- Create department wide reporting to cover all areas (customer, technical and prepayment). Identify areas of success, failure and future risks.
- Field/Service provider activity
- Reporting on job booking - by job type (Smart, Iso, Check, ECO, etc) and by whom (First or Siemens)
- Reporting & Analysis of aborts (by grouping and then reporting), highlighting trends & opportunities/areas for improvement (Supports Level 2 return)
- Recording customers opting out - ring fence for special operational activity
- Produces stock reports - Meters, Hubs etc
- Support Financial reporting (GM & SG&A)
- MI at a meter level, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Support reporting on GM position in month and highlighting trends/gaps.
- Working with other areas of the business to provide information feeds from Metering to support their processes i.e outcomes of works to allow Customer First to progress account set.
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Communicating and influencing at senior management level
- Experience of data interrogation
- High level of Microsoft Excel Experience
- Experience within a customer focussed environment
- Exceptional communication experience
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Experience with statistical analysis
Our people are our business, so our mind-set is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is “Fruity Friday” - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.
So if you like the fast pace of an evolving business, feel it’s important to reach your full potential and enjoy your time at work, then a career with us could be your next move.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75355155