Programme Manager (A66 and MCR NW)
Lead a segment of a Major Projects Programme; managing the performance of project teams, external contractors and consultants and ensuring adherence to effective governance, quality assurance, health and safety, technical and specialist standards across the supply chain and Highways England, to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes and acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities.
Day to Day:
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with the Programme Board and key external stakeholders to ensure full mutual understanding of the programme's strategic and delivery objectives, to report on and review programme performance, to agree solutions that resolve complex issues and to generate support for new project business cases.
- Ensure full compliance with Highways England Portfolio, Programme and Project Management System (P3MS), clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project delivery and PMO teams and holding them to account for creating high quality baseline management products, producing timely and accurate reports and for creating and maintaining specified records.
- Establish and manage any programme or project specific procedures, for example risk management, issue and change control, configuration management and communication, in line with P3MS.
- Oversee the production of and approve project plans, to ensure that all activities are appropriately organised to deliver project objectives, are appropriately resourced to deliver the required outcomes, and comply with P3MS and locally defined procedures.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and overall integrity of the programme segment, focusing on the internal consistency of the Programme, on its coherence and interfaces with other programmes and portfolios of work, and its consistency with corporate technical and specialist standards.
Thorough understanding of Highways England business and organisation
Extensive experience of leading people and teams to successful delivery of a programme of complex, high risk projects, and/or high profile change programmes.
Extensive track record of managing complex relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
Demonstrate experience as mentor and/or coach to develop project management talent, skills and competence within a complex project environment
Has experience operating within complex matrix organisations
Strong evidence of commercial skills with proven ability to negotiate and manage contracts to deliver outcomes and drive value for money.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75439559