Qualified Social Worker
Adult Social Work Role
Another Fantastic opportunity at ERG !! Due to continued growth and success across all Social Care areas we are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker in Birmingham.
Newly Qualified Social Workers required to work within hospital teams across the West Midlands
The ideal candidate will have used the Care 1st 6 computer system, had a recent placement within adult services,
Job Description - Birmingham
- Care First 6 Essential
- Previous placement within adult services preferred
- Role consists of working alongside medical professionals to facilitate a safe discharge from hospital adhering to The Care Act 2014.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team and sharing information appropriately (data protection act 1998).
- Identifying risks that could delay a safe discharge from hospital.
- Always being sensitive to patients and family who could be dealing with social affects that hospital life may have on them.
- Applying and negotiating for numerous budget approvals from the team's budget holder and senior managers.
- Implementing increased and decreased care packages to tailor around and cater to the assessed needs of service users.
- Assessing patients Mental Capacity using principles of Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- Assessing if patient would need long term support or short term support and ensuring that they receive this.
- Assessing if patient would need to be discharged to residential/nursing placements.
- Empowering patients to become independent and live independently in the community.
- Carry out joint assessments with continuing health care nurses and community psychiatric nurses to assess and identify the presenting needs and current circumstances of service users.
- Identifying the need for and instigated various assessments and referrals for mental health, continuing health care, fairer charging, occupational therapy, aids and adaptations, physiotherapy and community psychiatric assessments all in aid of enhancing the service users quality of life.
- Worked closely with family members, carers and the service users to identify and reallocate service users to appropriate placements to improve their quality of life.
- Completed numerous direct payment assessments in line with Section 1 of the Community Care (Direct Payments) Act 1996.
- Undertake safeguarding cases with support of seniors in line with Birmingham City Councils safeguarding procedures and the governmental policy of 'No Secrets 2000' whilst working within the prescribed timescale.
- Social Work Degree
- Newly Qualified Social Worker
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75451211