International Product Development Manager
International Product Development Manager - Research and Development
HomeServe Labs - 6 months secondment/fixed term contract
HomeServe Labs is a tech start-up wholly owned by HomeServe PLC. HomeServe Labs are developers of smart home tech and in June 2016 launched LeakBot, a smart water leak detector designed as an InsurTech IoT product for the home insurance industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for an international product development manager to join our busy Labs team on a 6 month contract opportunity. You will co-ordinate and execute device trials across multiple countries to understand where our current smart water leak detector will work as well as identifying key limitations.
Duties to include:
- Working with the Head of Innovation assist in designing and then executing the international trial plan across multiple countries working with key stakeholders in all HomeServe international businesses
- You will work closely with the LeakBot test and training manager to gain specific knowledge of domestic housing and plumbing set ups in each country
- Provide structured feedback to the product team on findings gathered from the international trials to inform the future product development road map and report on all key metrics across all international trials
- Supporting the business development team with any international client trials, (staff / small customer number trials)
- Liaise with Sigfox network operators in each country to ensure we have the necessary access to the network to conduct trials
As a dynamic, driven, solution orientated and highly organized individual who is comfortable in uncertain environments where aspects of the business model are still uncertain and in development, you will also have:
- Proven experience in an operational role ideally working with a technical product, with strong process management skills with evidence of tangible results gained
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- The DNA of an innovator, being adept at questioning, observing, associating, networking and experimenting
Ideally, you'll have a technical background in order to understand and challenge the product functionality as and when required and be familiar with Business Model Innovation and Lean Startup principles (identifying assumptions, running experiments). Experience of plumbing and heating systems within a domestic environment and/or any experience of financial services or insurance would also be advantageous.
What We Offer
You'll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, car/car allowance, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, onsite Costa Coffee with subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You'll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You'll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers' lives.
Could you be who we're looking for?
It's our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We've been named as the third best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People. Glassdoor also placed HomeServe as one of the top three companies in the UK for maintaining a good work life balance. We've also been recognised as the 'Most improved company in the UK for Customer satisfaction in the services sector' in surveys by the Institute of Customer Service.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub. You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.
Only agencies on our PSL can provide us with CVs when instructed by our in-house recruitment team. We therefore are not in a position to accept any speculative CVs from agencies who are not on our PSL. If we become aware of unsolicited CVs being sent to us we will accept these as direct applications and process accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75443162