An exciting opportunity for someone lookingfor intellectually challenging and stimulating work within a dynamicenvironment. This is avaried role where you will draft, negotiate and advise on a variety ofcommercial contracts and legal issues, advice and manage disputes and mitigatelegal and commercial risk.
Working closely with the Head of Legal, you will provide legal advice on a range of contentious and non-contentious legal, commercial and operational issues, providing proactive and pragmatic options to key stakeholders, ensuring legal risks are understood and managed.
- Reviewing, commenting on, negotiating and/or drafting a variety of commercial agreements including NDAs, novations, warranties, guarantees, joint venture and PFI projects, contract amendments and supplier agreements;
- Providing legal advice and support on major bids and tenders;
- Assisting with projects such as large scale contract reviews and template updates;
- Creating contract summaries and risk reports;
- Providing strategic and commercial legal advice on disputes across the business, including responding to legal correspondence;
- Dealing with ad hoc contract and legal queries from the business;
- Proactively providing legal updates as and when necessary as to proposed new legislation and recent case law affecting the business, including the provision of legal updates, seminars and training.
The individual will demonstrate the following experience, skills and attributes:
- A qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive with a proven track record and ideally some in-house experience. This is a role which would suit someone with approximately 2 to 6 years’ PQE or equivalent experience. However, all candidates who can demonstrate the required expertise and who can meet the requirements of the role will be considered;
- Solid contract/commercial law knowledge/ experience combined with experience of dispute resolution;
- Knowledge and experience within construction and particularly dealing with construction disputes, is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable good drafting skills with broad experience of drafting a variety of contracts to a high standard;
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills;
- Ability to clearly explain legal risks and to offer legal and commercial solutions within acceptable legal and risk frameworks;
- Strong interpersonal skills, an ambitious commercial approach and a commitment to excellence combined with the ability to provide practical solution focused advice.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, to provide clear and robust advice to stakeholders;
- Confident and credible with an aptitude for building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels;
- Display initiative, flexibility and personal integrity with a strong personal drive and the ability to maintain resilience when managing a varied workload, often under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Pro-active and willing to get involved in wider business issues and contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
Additional job board text
We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to work from our Head Office in Birmingham. Please note, we will be relocating from our current office in Erdington, Birmingham to our new Head Quarters in Bickenhill Lane, Solihull from Q1 2018. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance. As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75442672