Senior Estimator - Flooring/Plastering Background
Job Title - Estimator
Package - £35,000 - £50,000 + Package
Location - Birmingham (North)
Linsco are currently recruiting a role for a Senior Estimator for a well established sub-contractor based in the Northern region of Birmingham. My client specialises in Plastering, Drylining, Render Systems, Floorscreed, Metal Stud Partitions, Suspended Ceilings, Steel Framing System and many other services. They are looking for a Senior Estimator with a background in one of these trades or extensive Estimating experience in their sector of work. Their projects are all based in the Midlands, making this a great opportunity for an individual in the area looking for a wide-spread opportunity. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget.
- To consider, assess, discuss, take advice, communicate and allocate where appropriate costs on any Health and Safety issues that may be applicable or become apparent on a tender during the bid process.
- Successfully manage workload.
- To ensure tender adjudications have been arranged with the correct time frame sufficient notice
- To ensure that the correct members of the operations departments and board have been notified in good time for the tender adjudication
- To organise the tender launch meeting.
- To ensure tender abstracts are completed correctly and agree sub-contractors to be used for any given scheme with the operations departments
- To ensure a site visit has been organised with the respective manager(s) from the operations departments and sub-contractors and to carry out a site survey, measurements, photograph record.
- To ensure sub contract quotations have been collated and checked for compliance prior to use
- To ascertain market rates prior to receipt of quotations as bench marking senses check, to price work elements from first principles where appropriate.
- To ensure all tender documentation has been collated in sufficient time for the adjudication to be under taken
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in an Estimating role
- Must be computer literate with a robust knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- A degree in a construction related field
If you are interested in the role then please feel free to email your CV to or feel free to give me a call on 0115 910 6666.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75449889