Haig&Co are working with one of South Birmingham's premier food businesses to help them find their new Buyer to enhance their existing delivery and operations.The Company:
A well-established and highly-successful business working specifically in the seafood industry, supplying to major supermarkets and other food retail outlets.The Role:
As a Buyer, this role is highly-varied and will help support the end-to-end procurement and supply chain, covering all aspects of the buying process, including Logistics, Stock Control, Financial and Purchasing.
- Supporting Group Head of Buying with internal and external purchasing
- Establishing and maintaining supply relationships both internally and externally in line with company growth
- Keep up-to-date with changes to UK & EU legislation that will impact business
- Working closely with New Product Development team to help form strategic buying decisions based on market trends
- Working closely with technical teams to ensure full technical compliance for individual customers' needs
- Managing stock levels and rotations across department
- Working closely with Finance team to manage currency exchanges and import duties, etc
- Promote best practice in all operative areas
- Other ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate for this Buyer role will have a proven understanding and background, working in a similar position, ideally within the food manufacturing industry. On top of this they should be passionate about buying and the processes that come with it, with a proactive and "can-do" attitude!The Reward:
On offer is not only an attractive salary package, as well as company benefits, but the chance to become a major part of a very well-run, ethical and successful business that is continually looking to expand and improve.