Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
We have an exciting opportunity for a second Director of Business Development to join our team in Walsall. Business Development is part of the Partnerships division. Business Development looks to identify, prospect and engage new Partnership opportunities which will generate new HomeServe Customer policyholders either through affinity relationships, portfolio acquisitions and/or marketing distribution deals.
Whilst our partners have traditionally been water companies, having secured most of the potential water partners, incremental growth is expected to come from winning new partnerships across other sectors including energy, financial institutions, retail and large charities. This role reports directly in to an Executive Director.
Duties to include:
- To drive the acquisition of new profitable partnerships, in line with HomeServe's strategy and customer focus.
- To build and maintain an agreed and prioritised list of desired partners who will enable HomeServe to materially broaden its distribution capabilities.
- To develop strong executive level relationships with prospective companies on this list and structure commercially compelling partnerships.
- Lead or assist, as appropriate, in commercial and contractual negotiations to maximise in the number of new partnerships established inline with the business strategy.
- Work with both Product and Marketing areas to identify the most appropriate products and opportunities to market with the prospective partnership.
- To produce compelling business cases to justify HomeServe's participation/investment in these new partnerships.
- Engages employees by consistently role modelling company values and behaviours and proactively encourage others to do the same.
As an experienced professional with a proven track record in a senior business development role, you will have experience of senior level consultative partnering and:
- Good working knowledge of the general insurance industry and strong familiarity with financial services organisations
- Strategic and commercial acumen, with strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- High degree of professionalism with strong impact and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation skills (both preparation and delivery)
- Numerate, with good analytical skills
- Track record of ideating, negotiating and delivering successful partnerships/deals
What We Offer
You'll get a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, car/car allowance, pension scheme, bonus, free HomeServe Cover 8 policy, benefits portal and awards scheme, onsite Costa Coffee with subsidised restaurant, free onsite parking, a relaxed dress code and the opportunity to be involved in a variety of charitable/volunteer work.
You'll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You'll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers' lives.
Could you be who we're looking for?
It's our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.
This is an exciting time to join HomeServe. We've been named as the third best place to work in the UK by Glassdoor, based solely on the input of our People. Glassdoor also placed HomeServe as one of the top three companies in the UK for maintaining a good work life balance. We've also been recognised as the 'Most improved company in the UK for Customer satisfaction in the services sector' in surveys by the Institute of Customer Service.
To learn more about our People, careers and the benefits of working at HomeServe, visit https://www.homeserve.com/uk/careers-hub. You can also learn more about HomeServe on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and check us out on Glassdoor.co.uk!
HomeServe is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and we are also happy to discuss flexible working for all of our jobs.
Only agencies on our PSL can provide us with CVs when instructed by our in-house recruitment team. We therefore are not in a position to accept any speculative CVs from agencies who are not on our PSL. If we become aware of unsolicited CVs being sent to us we will accept these as direct applications and process accordingly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75451681