Training Operations Manager
FTA are looking for a Training Operations Manager to manage, lead and develop the training team, unlocking potential and allowing individuals to grow within the business. Responsible for raising and maintaining training quality, ensuring operational excellence is delivered consistently. Work within the Training management structure, ensuring peer managers succeed and strategic objectives are met.
To support the General Manager in driving income and managing costs. Able to influence change within Training and to work with other areas of the business to implement this. To deputise for the General Manager Training as required.
- Accountable for operational performance.
- Income delivered economically and efficiently
- Capacity and resource monitored and managed to optimum levels.
- Management of Direct costs
- Quality - to embed operational excellence (ISO9001)
- To aid the design and development process of course materials, including trainer upskilling and evaluation
- Weekly review of CPR (course profitability report)
- Manage business system returns (FP/Sel. HR etc)
- Prospectus planning
- Support & develop Training CM role
- Implement and maintain a culture of engagement and trust
- Motivate and develop individuals within the team
- Organise and present at team meetings
- Support GM in managing the business to meet growth and contribution targets
- To perform such other duties and to accept such other responsibilities as may reasonably be required
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Experience or an aptitude for leadership and management
- Ability to understand the competencies and capabilities which lead to effective performance
- Ability to demonstrate the behaviours and management style which will contribute to developing the right culture
- Knowledge of Training systems and processes
- Knowledge of QMS and the experience to implement change initiatives
- Ability to identify and resolve problems using own initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organise and prioritise, working to tight time schedules
The Freight Transport Association (FTA) is one of the biggest and most successful Trade Associations in the UK. Our members manage over 90% of all freight moved by Rail, 70% of all goods exported by Sea and Air, and over half of the UK road fleet.
We’re at an exciting time in our growth - engaging with policy makers and opinion formers on a national stage across a range of high profile issues like Brexit, fuel prices and clean air. We’re shaping the future of Logistics, the engine room of the UK economy which employs over 12% of the working population. We also deliver a portfolio of services to thousands of businesses, helping them to reduce costs and improve efficiency in the way they move goods by road, rail, sea and air.