My client, a huge multi-national organisation with worldwide brand recognition, are looking to recruit a Transport Planner for their Transport hub based in Birmingham. This role is likely to suit someone who is looking to break into the transport industry.
The job is based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, covering 24 hours a day, Ideally you will be flexible and able to work both the 0600 - 1800 shift as well as the 1800 - 0600 shift.
Your daily duties will involve the following
- Support the work of the transport office in terms of planning, to maximise vehicle usage and ensure client service level agreements are met.
- Accurately input and progress data within in-house computer systems to ensure real-time information is available re all planned loads and deliveries.
- Debrief drivers.
- Conduct trailer reporting on a daily basis.
- Support the Planning and Customer Services teams with enquiries.
The following skills would be advantageous
- Sound analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent and fast decision making skills.
- Experience of working on a team and ability to work alone, unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Proven planning skills
- Computer skills.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
So if you fit all of the above then apply today buy sending your CV