Buyer required. My client is a leading manufacturer who due to continued growth and expansion are now seeking a Buyer to join their team. This position would suit a candidate with a proven procurement background who is in a commutable distance of the West Bromwich area.
The ideal Buyer will be responsible for the raising and submittal of purchase orders as well as developing and maintaining supplier relations. The successful Buyer will also improve, develop and streamline the companies' procurement strategy as required in order to deliver cost savings across the board.
It is envisaged that the successful Buyer will be responsible for the company's stock management system, assist with monthly production audits and ensure products are delivered on time. This position will also require the Buyer to liaise & negotiate with suppliers in order to meet material requirements.
Buyer Position Overview
- Responsible for purchase orders and maintaining supplier relations
- Negotiation with suppliers and ensure customer requirements are fulfilled
- Improve, develop and streamline company procurement strategy as required
- Working across multiple departments whilst reporting to the Directors
- Responsible for a multi-million pound spend
- Ensuring product trace-ability
Buyer Position Requirements
- Experienced Procurement professional
- IT Literate
- CIPS qualification (Would be a distinct advantage)
- Track record of effective cost saving & process improvements
Buyer Position Remuneration
- Salary circa £22,000 - £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
- 28 days' holiday including bank holidays
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75455117