Environmental Stack Emissions Technician (MCERTS)
Role: Environmental Stack Emissions Technician (MCERTS)
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 p/a (D.O.E)
- The main purpose of the Environmental Assurance emissions testing role is to support a small team or virtual team to achieve business objectives, plans and targets.
- You will be part of a team that is responsible for supporting asset improvement business cases to the value of £300M
- Provide Stack emissions testing services to Gas Transmission Owner ensuring all identified emissions points are monitored within compliance deadlines
- Ensure reporting on emissions levels are completed to fulfil legislative compliance requirements
- Provide Management reporting in a variety of formats; administer the production of management information, data and reports.
- Maintain standards of work, equipment availability and calibration to ensure internal Stack Emissions Testing Lab retains accreditation to ISO17025
- Conducts environmental inspections/audits and collect information relating to inspections, reports or studies carried out by others, act to eliminate shortfalls in inspections and liaise with stakeholders when required.
- Operate and monitor various emissions monitoring systems/databases to improve asset system and/ or environmental compliance performance. Identify areas where environmental performance improvement is required and make appropriate recommendations to resolve shortfalls.
- Provide technical support to environmental audit and inspection processes
Qualification & Person Specifications:
- NVQ Level 3 Qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- MCERTS Level 2 certification for stack emissions testing with industry experience ideally gained in an Emission Test Facility or Test House.
- Membership of IEMA or related professional body preferred.
- Experience of operational gas transmission or petrochemical environment preferred
- Experience in stack emission testing for gas turbines and other combustion equipment preferred
- A track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively
- Demonstrate successful capability in:
- Technical issues support
- System management and support
- Effective communication skills including the ability to make presentations to small audiences
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75439685