A Bid Coordinator with experience of selling to various commercial markets is required by one of the UK's leading fire prevention, emergency response and education providers.
The Purpose of the Role:
To support alternative funding by way of promoting additional services offered by the organization through bids, tenders, feasibility exercises and prevention services.
Reporting to the Strategic Enabler Business Development (SEBD), as Bid Coordinator (known formally within the organisation as Business Development Officer) you will work with the Business Development Team (BDT) to seek, develop and deliver business opportunities that result in income generation. Your day to day duties will include:
- Review data and information through various external sources to research, form intelligence and determine trends.
- Provide intelligence and devise and present ideas and strategies to support the Company's portfolio of services in different markets
- Identify sales opportunities and business growth strategies to drive performance and growth of income generation.
- Develop up to date business leads for markets including: Commissioning, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Sponsorship and other commercial opportunities.
- Provide updates to the BDT and SEBD of current and new markets.
- Seek new leads by investigating price, demand and competition to support business activities.
- Monitor various relevant sources of information to identify opportunities for further income generation.
- Seek and support the leads pipelines by chasing information and performance issues with internal stakeholders using partnerships arrangements.
- Create and follow up cold and warm leads and provide guidance and support for new business opportunities through undertaking updated feasibility and viability (F&V) analysis, market research, stakeholder management and creating propositions. Enable and support others to undertake this to develop organisational learning.
- Use intelligence from stakeholders and F&V exercises to determine impact upon corporate risk; support the team in managing corporate risks and taking steps to mitigate and reduce risk.
- Develop and maintain procedures and systems for BD related activity.
- Investigate price, demand and competition.
- Support the embedding of evaluation on new business services.
- Co-ordinate/Liaise with stakeholders and Legal to provide proactive assurance on legal, social policy and accreditation issues such as CQC, TSS, DBS as and when required.
- Have the ability to influence internal stakeholders to commit to new areas of transformation through new / changing business services, and use this deliver specific project outcomes, seek improvement, organisational learning and deliver income generation outcomes.
- Undertake specific projects and achieve outcomes around income generation, tenders or commissioning as directed by the SEBD.
- Contribute to the development of the social value and sponsorship stream of work.
- Work with Marketing to continually develop the Company's 'offer' for varying customers, and support development of updated marketing materials.
- Manage your own performance to whilst proactively supporting the team in achieving its targets and KPIs.
- Experience of working within sales in the commercial services industry would be beneficial
- Experience of developing and delivering bids, business propositions and closing deals
- Exposure of Local Authority background is advantageous
- Experience of delivering viability and feasibility studies including cost/benefit, pricing, risk management and competitive edge
- Experience of developing sales-related marketing campaigns to support sales outcomes
- Commercial awareness and business acumen with strong numeracy skills
- Ability to review, maintain and improve business processes, systems, policies and ways of working to improve performance and delivery of outcomes for the team
- Ability to process and analyse complex information; policies and data to identify relevant information to support operations
- Experience of influencing stakeholders and decision makers through persuasion and use of data, intelligence and research
- Take accountability to priorities and manage your own workload to meet deadlines and response; where there may be conflicting demands whilst being focused on delivering business outcomes
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written and attention to detail and accuracy, including word processing, Excel and PowerPoint skills and confident in using the internet for information and research
- In possession of a full, valid driving license and willingness to work out
Birmingham, West Midlands, 12 month FTC, likelihood of extension
£24,174 depending on experience + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75443392