Product Manager, Mortgages, RBWM
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Customer Value Management is vital in maintaining HSBC's position as a provider of world-class retail banking and wealth management solutions, directing business development with a focus on customers. The team works to ensure the most appropriate pricing, products and promotions are directed to the most relevant customers, concentrating on building value, treating customers fairly and creating a superb customer experience.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join this team in the role of Product Manager- Mortgages.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the HSBC and First Direct mortgage portfolios, drive profitability and long term customer value
- Initiate core activities which include competitor and market monitoring, delivery of new product pricing proposals and proposition development across the Residential and Buy-to-Let ranges
- Ensuring the Mortgage product lines (HSBC, First Direct) hit their combined Profit and Loss (P&L) and balance sheets financial targets
- Demonstrate awareness of the competitive market in order to develop new policy products and service
- Liaise and manage a wide array of internal stakeholders; e.g. Finance, Risk, Marketing, Mortgage Services, Distribution etc.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Mortgage Product team to ensure the best outcomes for our customers and the business
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Mortgages
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
For further details and application information please click 'Apply' or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009J59.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75452353