Regulatory Engagement Manager
Some careers shine brighter than others.
Something new and exciting is happening at HSBC. We are separating our retail bank from our investment bank and creating HSBC UK, with a brand new state-of-the-art head office in Birmingham. The move is a big step, and will take us one step closer to achieving our ambition to be the bank of choice in the UK. However, the move to Birmingham doesn't just represent a new dawn for our business. It's also an exciting opportunity for ambitious professionals who are keen to get involved in a unique challenge and progress their careers. We're looking for individuals who are motivated to grow and shape the UK bank, and who will thrive in a flexible working culture within a dynamic and diverse office environment, making the most of what Birmingham has to offer.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Regulatory Engagement Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate understanding the impact of complex regulatory change to the business
- Proactively influence the regulator, and co-ordination and management of our responses whenever possible
- Protect HSBC's reputation
- Respond to consultations, market reviews and other regulatory requests across all retail product
- Actively drive solutions
- Ensure that the business delivers fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Act as a Specialist Individual Contributor, but in a leadership role (i.e. highly specialised resource that manages a complex technology)
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Retail Banking Products
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
We are required by the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act 2013 to create a ring-fenced bank in the UK by 1 January 2019. Entirely new from the ground up, HSBC UK's head office is opening in Birmingham. The location of this role will move to our new state of the art offices at 2 Arena Central during 2018.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role
For further details and application information please click 'Apply' or visit our careers site, searching under reference 00009LVC.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75452372