Graduate / Trainee Quantity Surveyors Assistant
To work for an established commercial interior design company.
You will be working alongside the Commercial Manager who is a qualified Chartered Surveyor.
Duties and responsibilities
You will be conducting on-site visits to clients to ascertain requirements and then your duties will be to:
• Maintain subcontract data base
• Maintain material supplier’s database
• Assess tender documents when needed
• Take off quantities
• Prepare and issue sub-contract enquiries and assessment of quotations upon receipt when needed
• Pricing of internal fit out and minor construction related works, packages from M&E sub-contractors/specialist
• Produce full summary of sub-contractor/supplier quotations for internal team review prior to tender submission
• Prepare specifications and/or Contractors proposals
• Post tender negotiations
• Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre tender and post contract matters
• Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and /or sub-contractors
• Post contract liaison with clients
• Post contract liaison with design team
• Carry out take offs for material procurement
• Sub-contract negotiation and letting
• Preparation and submission of interim valuations
• Site measurement
• Manage and value variations
• Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts
• Financial Sales forecasting and reporting to the Commercial Manager including Work In Progress, profit and cash flow forecasts
• Monitoring all costs for the project
• Preparation and submission of several works final account
• Agreement of final accounts
Skills and experience
To apply for this exciting and challenging opportunity you will have:
Either studied toward or have an interest in Quantity Surveying.
Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and assist in all areas of the business.
• Knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building industry
• Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
• Driving licence
• Good IT skills -particularly Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• High degree of personal motivation
• Commercial acumen
• Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously -both short and long term.
• Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
• Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with Clients and their design team
• Good negotiator
• Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position
• Enterprising and Commercial Approach
• A Planned Approach
• Taking Responsibility
• Customer Focus
• Building and Maintaining Relationships
This is a temp to perm opportunity and offers a real chance to develop and offers continued training towards a professional qualification.