Manager - Body Development
Manager - Body Development- Automotive - Permanent - Up to GBP50,000pa
A Manager - Body Development is required with extensive experience in Body Engineering (body components, structures & systems) for a position based in West Midlands
Our client, a global automotive OEM based in Gaydon requires a Manager - Body Development to provide Body Development activities to Body Engineering design and release functions.
- Coordinate all Body Development activities from level 2 targets setting & risk identification, risk assessment & mitigation, to the development of solutions for all failure modes occurring during the delivery of Design Verification Plan sign-off plan.
- To support the body engineering Programme Module Sub Teams and Programme Attribute Teams in the generation of detailed component and system level engineering targets.
- To support body engineering Programme Module Sub Teams and CAE with Body structure related development.
- To provide proactive, creative and practical problem solving to advance the development of body engineering designs.
- To perform early failure mode detection through Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis on CAD. To work with lead engineer to find optimal engineering solutions that meets target requirement. To analyse test failures, determine root cause and develop a robust solution that meets target requirements.
The Manager - Body Development should have the following skills:
- Engineering Degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Extensive experience in Body Engineering (body components, structures & systems)
- Experience in Engineering problem resolving (for example body components, structures & systems)
- Experience in Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Experience with hands-on problem solving approach
- Good technical skills (build of rigs, use of CAD drawings, GD&T)
- Ability to manage multiple demands on time & priorities
- Excellent analytical & systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to take decisions that minimise engineering risk in a solution
- Ability to lead and manage personnel
- Deadlines and timing plans based on new vehicle project timing.
- Valid driving licence
Demand for this role will be undoubtedly be high so please apply today. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on -
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.