Engineer - Major Projects Liaison
Location: Doxey Depot, Stafford
Kier Strategic Highways is looking to recruit a Major Projects Liaison Engineer to join the Area 9 highways maintenance contract.
This post will report to the Major Projects Team Leader who has overall responsibility for the ASC Area 9 interface (and by inference Highways England (HE) Operations Directorate (OD) interface) with HE Major Projects. Responsible for liaising with the HE Major Projects (MP) division and individual HE MP Project Managers and their Delivery Partners to ensure that the interests of Area 9 are met for both Kier and HE OD.
- Act as deputy for the Major Projects Team Leader as and when required
- Lead on representing Kier ASC 9 interests with HE MP/Smart Motorways Projects (SMP) or nominated projects as required by the Major Projects Team Leader. Facilitate the relationship between HE MP/SMP and HE OD to ensure Kier ASC Area 9 interests are met and exposure to contractual risk is minimised.
- Representing Kier Area 9 interests at meetings with the HE and their MP/SMP Delivery Partners.
- Raising any risks to line management that may be the result of HE MP intervention on the Area 9 network.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the staff.
- Complying with the Integrated Management System.
- Complying with relevant health and safety legislation and actively promote health and safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general health and safety responsibilities, as set out in the health and safety management system.
- Ensuring copies of all correspondence, transmittal records and other communications are kept and properly stored.
- Deputising for Major Projects Team Leader as and when required.
- Work across the Area 9 business on tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Asset Development Manager (ADM)
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in subject related to highways, construction or management of highway assets.
- A strong, broad knowledge of Highways Asset Management and the requirements of all asset groups, particularly pavement, drainage and structures.
- Knowledge of the Area 9 network and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to take control of a task and see the task through to completion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take project ownership for delegated duties.
- Able to build strong, working relationships with HE MP representatives, their Delivery Partners and Stakeholders.
- A strong team player with the ability to think independently when required.
- Must have a full, valid driver's licence and be willing to travel around the Area 9 network.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer.