Trainee Field Sales Engineer
Trainee Field Sales Engineer
Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire with occasional travel across the UK to customer sites
Due to continued expansion our client wishes to appoint a Technical Inside Sales Engineer to join their highly experienced sales team during this exciting phase in their development.
They are a multi-disciplined instrumentation company, with a specialism in flow meters, water quality monitoring instruments, water sampling equipment, groundwater monitoring, water level loggers, weather stations and wireless telemetry systems. Founded in 1997 they provide specialist expertise to tackle technological issues faced in the water, environmental and industrial sectors.
Their clients operate in a global market where competition, technology, expertise, customer service and cost-effectiveness are paramount. Many of their projects are world-class industry benchmarks, some of which cannot be achieved by any other company worldwide. This is down to unique instrumentation and experience for difficult applications.
To be successful in this role you will be prepared to work hard, appraise clients' requirements and propose a technical and commercial proposal for their consideration.
About the Technical Field Sales Engineer role;
- Provide technical support both pre and post sale to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage, service and calibrate rental and demonstration equipment to ensure maximum availability
- Follow up on proposals and track win rate to identify strengths weaknesses
- Identifying and implementing improvement activities and projects to support profitable growth.
- Use social media to promote goods and services offered by our client.
- Track competitor and market activity and develop strategies to highlight the company's strengths/mitigate weaknesses.
What you will need to become the successful Technical Field Sales Engineer;
- A background in science, technology, physics or engineering, ideally in an earth science, instrumentation or water quality
- To possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable attending trade shows representing the Company with colleagues.
- Be aware of latest developments using social media, web selling and the internet to generate awareness of our goods and services.
- Be commercially 'savvy' and fluent in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- A strong work ethic, be results orientated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- To be an enthusiastic person, with high standards and an excellent attention to detail.
- To be self-motivated, resilient, and able to work to deadlines.
- Have an ability to organise your own work and manage own time effectively.
- Reliable and do what you say you're going to do.
- A 'can do' attitude, prepared to 'muck in' with colleagues.
You may have experience of the following: Field Engineering, Water Technology, Environmental, Field Technician, Flow - Ultrasonic, clamp on or electromagnetic, Engineering, Water Hygiene, Service Engineering, Maintenance Technician, Repairs, Instrumentation, MRO, Electrical, Electronics, Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Field Sales or Inside Sales.
Benefits our client offer;
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and they confirm that they will gladly accept all applications.
If you feel that you meet the criteria of the Technical Field Sales Engineer then please apply now.