Technical Skype Engineer/Consultant
Technical Skype Engineer / Consultant - Sheffield or Coventry, your choice!
About the Role
Responsible for delivery of Skype for Business solutions, from pre-sales through to the delivery of a solution that meets the requirements of the customer. To be point of contact for the ongoing support and maintenance of the solution once in BAU state.
This role means that involvement will be with the customer throughout the lifecycle of the solution thus an expectation to be involved in pre-sales meetings, presentations and customer workshops to ensure that a positive customer relationship is maintained.
The role requires delivery of internal support documentation to agreed standards and the delivery of transition overviews to peers. You will join an out of hours on call rota (retainer paid) and will occasionally work delivering consultancy to external customers.
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the delivery of customer focussed presentations and workshops demonstrating our products and services
- Act as the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Assist in gathering customer requirements in order to prepare project plans and timescales of delivery
- Work through customer specifications and develop solutions in line with project delivery requirements
- Take ownership for technical delivery
- Assist in the design of technical solutions
- Manage Skype migrations and upgrades
- Work closely with all departments to ensure project and service delivery meet customer expectations
- Work closely with Team Manager to assist in the continual development of the team
Your experience will include:
- Knowledge and experience of:
- Skype (including Enterprise Voice)
- Lync (Instant Messaging and Presence & Enterprise Voice)
- Messaging (Exchange/O365)
- Strong technical background
- Good experience of designing, implementing and supporting Skype
- Developing consultancy experience.
- Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication
- Able to deal with customers/suppliers/peers at all levels in a professional manner
- The ability to prioritise effectively, both with their own workload and within the team
- The ability to use initiative to solve problems
- Have a flexible approach and can work as a team player
- Must be tolerant and adaptable to change in a fast moving environment
- Commercially focussed
- Able to work well individually and within a team environment
- Persistent and resilient in seeing an issue through to resolution
- Flexible working location to support client and business requirements
Knowledge and experience of:
Desirable certification includes:
- MCSE: Communication
- Exam 70-333 : Deploying Enterprise Voice with Skype for Business 2015
- Exam 70-334 : Core Solutions of Microsoft Skype for Business 2015
- Exam 70-336 : Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Exam 70-337 : Enterprise Voice & Online Services with Microsoft Lync Server 2013
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.