We are currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Manager for our client based in Coventry on a full time permanent basis.
The candidate will be responsible for the strategy, demand planning, forecasting, and transport logistics within the UK and Europe that may extend to other parts of the world from time to time.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and leadership of the Transport division.
- Responsible for operators licence for the company and that the transport division is legally compliant at all times.
- Responsible for the financial management of the function, including achieving KPIs, reporting, budgeting and quarterly forecasting
- Identify and manage all third party transport partners.
- Conduct regular reviews to analyse discuss performance against set KPIs.
- Oversee the coordination of Service Partner agencies and suppliers to the transport division ensuring that both are cost effective to the business and represent best value for money.
- Arrange documentation for transportation of goods abroad (European Goods Movement)
- Management of servicing and MOT of vehicles, ensuring that vehicle documentation is maintained in line with VOSO standards.
- Collate monthly vehicle report regarding daily/weekly usage ensuring vehicles are used efficiently and in a cost effective manner.
- Communicate with event and site managers to ensure client demand is understood and that capacity is available to meet requirements
- Control of drivers hours, working time, absence and holidays ensuring the working time directive is adhered to.
- Plan driver labour requirements internally and externally.
- Establish and manage standard operating procedures.
- Mange the security of goods/vehicles.
- Supply and collect tachographs ensuring that tachographs are maintained and compliant with current VOSO legislation.
- Ensure compliance with the company's policies and obligations to support ongoing accreditation of ISO20121.
- Ensure motivation of direct reports, their teams and the implementation of performance management metrics.
- Set, measure, and monitor KPIs for the Transport division ensuring regular reviews are conducted with all members of the team.
- Actively engage in continuous improvement ensuring suggestions and opportunities are highlighted to your line manager.
- Demonstrate commitment to the core values of the company.
- Take a participate role in the Company's sustainability initiative and ensure where possible your actions support the achievement of this initiative; reuse, recycle and replenish.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function
Candidates will be required to develop and maintain positive and progressive working relationships with multiple functions, in order to facilitate growth and integration across the business.
In particular, you will be required to work collaboratively alongside and provide support to the Operations Leadership Team.
A 37.5-hour week working Monday to Friday, typically between the hours of 8.30 - 5.00.