Optical Process Support Engineer
Zest Optical recruitment are currently working alongside a leading Optical Lab based in Birmingham to recruit a full time Optical Process Support Engineer. This particular Optical lab produce a wide range of ophthalmic lenses and frames supplying to various Opticians UK wide, and are very successful within the market.
Your overall role is to help monitor, improve, develop and update the production systems and processes to improve efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness.
- To actively seek ways and opportunities of improving productivity, yields and flows across the business, and implement those actions in a way that minimises the disruption to ongoing production.
- Where required to liaise with partner glazing labs to ensure continuity of flows and product quality.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives, through analysis of performance.
- To provide support, training, knowledge, information and reports to employees and managers on new products, processes to ensure systems are implemented effectively with minimum disruption to production.
- To provide support, training and knowledge to new and existing employees when necessary.
- To assist and co-ordinate the introduction of new products, frames, processes and systems.
- Ensure compliance with technical instructions of products.
- Comply with all standard operating procedures (SOPS), work instructions or procedures applicable to the role.
- To monitor, develop and promote safety procedures to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- To seek and develop ways to maintain or reduce the company's impact on the environment.
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers regarding potential disruptions/problems with production and identify prevention methods.
- Undertake projects, as appropriate, taking ownership of the initiative and its implementation.
- Provide technical support to the business and the production process.
- Liaise with group support functions to resolve any developing issues.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may need to carry out other duties within the remit of the role.
- Previous experience working within a lens production environment is beneficial
- Knowledge of lens optical process is beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, computer and database with a good understanding of the software and systems for production.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Access.
- Understanding/experience of project management.
- Knowledge of technical customer support and procedures.
- Knowledge of statistical process control.
- An understanding of Health and Safety and environment practices in the work place.
Package and Further Details
- Basic salary between £20,000 to £22,000
- Bonus paid quarterly
- Share save scheme
- Full Time - Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Working in a team of 6
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun and engaging place to work
- Regular pay reviews
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call for more information.