QA and Software Tester
Reporting to the Chief Architect and Test Lead, the Software Tester/QA will be primarily responsible for the design, maintenance and execution of the testing strategy for a new era in on-demand mobile and web applications.
Working closely with the Test Lead, to establish and support the QA and testing needs of a new development practice using the latest testing techniques, tools and cloud technologies.
This is a "best of both worlds" opportunity - a tech start-up software business, highly focused on creating market leading on-demand platforms, owned and funded by a large profitable UK group...
Who we are:
Independent Clinical Services is one of the UK's leading healthcare staffing providers. ICS is the parent company to such well-known brands as Pulse and Thornbury within the Nursing sector, Community and AHP specialities; Asclepius Global for Doctors, Hobson Prior for Life Sciences, Maxxima within Healthcare and Social Services.
- Working with the Test Lead to help define and continuously review and improve the QA/Test strategies, testing frameworks and QA environments required to meet the business needs.
- Reporting to the Chief Architect and Test Lead taking responsibility for the output and deliverables of their contribution to the Test team.
- To ensure test plans are developed and executed in accordance to best practice and company standards.
- Development of automated and manual test plans to ensure a high test coverage and meet the requirements of functional, regression and volume and performance SLAs.
- To raise defect tickets and support development teams through to their satisfactory resolution.
- To produce release notes and technical usage documentation where required.
- To attend relevant IT seminars and conferences so as to keep up-to-date with the emerging technologies and best practices
- 3 years commercial QA/Testing experience in a software development environment.
- Experience working to an Agile methodology.
- Demonstrable experience writing/enhancing automated tests for mobile and web application suites.
- Detailed Knowledge & Experience authoring test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Experience working within an Application Lifecycle Management toolset such as Jira.
- Demonstrable experience using automation frameworks and tools such as Postman, Protractor, Cucumber, Selenium, HttpUnit, etc….
- Thorough knowledge of XML, JSON and Web services (SOAP, REST).
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases such as Oracle and MongoDB.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail but also able to see the big picture
- Self-Motivated and Self-Reliant
- Ability to mentor and encourage junior team members
- Enthusiasm and Passion for QA & Testing and trying new solutions and technologies
- Excited about technology
- Willingness to share and impart knowledge and ideas
Education and Qualifications
- Profession Qualifications such as CSTE, CSTP, ISTQB or equivalent relevant experience
Why ICS? As important as being fast growing, profitable and financially stable, ICS is widely recognised as a good company to work for, repeatedly appearing in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our commitment to employee development through training, personal development plans, professional qualification support and career progression, has resulted in excellent retention levels. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including a pension scheme and 25 days holiday. ICS Group are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ICS Group is an equal opportunities employer.