Supply Chain Hub Manager
Supply Chain Hub Manager - Central Services
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our head office for an ambitious and talented Supply Chain Hub Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated procurement professionals.
As the Supply Chain Hub Manager, they will be responsible for maximising commercial returns from Morgan Sindall’s subcontract/ indirect spend on products and systems, by promoting the Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements with our subcontractors and tracking the resultant spends.
Extensive experience within a procurement, supply chain or commercial role is required, as is having a well-developed understanding of the UK Construction market.
They will manage their own workload and will work with internal and external stakeholders across the UK. Key to this role is the ability to identify, develop and maintain robust/ long term supply chain relationships that support Morgan Sindall in both work-winning and current project delivery.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Supply Chain Hub Manager you will:
- Lead project engagement with The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements to include manufactures, distributors and subcontractors
- Tracking and traceability of products forming Morgan Sindall projects
- Strategically evaluate project specific value offerings from The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements
- Own and maintain Supply Chain Group Trading Agreements relationships
- Champion the use of The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements
- Work winning - provide high quality input to bid teams, formulate procurement strategies, attend pre-contract / tender meetings as required
- Routinely gather and share market trade and commodity intelligence
- Seek out innovations to differentiate Morgan Sindall supply chain
- Facilitate engagement of preferred and strategic subcontractors to The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements
- Build, develop and enhance relationships with 'The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements’ delivering KPI packs for trades and commodities
- Gap analysis of trades and commodities identifying shortfalls of The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements and engaging new opportunities
- Negotiate and draw up framework agreement
- Jointly work with Heads of Supply Chain and Supply Chain Managers to promote The Morgan Sindall Group Trading Agreements specification maximising commercial return
- Work with Procurement Managers and Supply Chain Managers across Morgan Sindall to develop procurement and supply chain strategies for specific products and trades
- Regularly review and evaluate non performing framework agreements through KPI packs outlining development plans or proposed removal
- Promote the Supply Chain Management strategy 'Customer of Choice’
- Support Group Procurement activities and initiatives as required
- Support Perfect Delivery and ensure the Supply Chain is 100% safe and sustainable
Already experienced in a Supply Chain, Procurement or Commercial role, you will be a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent qualification
About the Team:
The central procurement team is made up of 11 buyers and 4 database administrators working across all sections of Morgan Sindall Construction & Infrastructure business.
This includes the low value procurement of materials and plant and the efficient, effective management of the central supplier database.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People 'Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.