Subject Matter Expert - Turbines
Lead Design Engineers - Derby
We have a requirement for 4 Lead Design Engineers / Subject Matter Experts (SME) with Gas Turbine experience for an initial 12 month contract, for a leader in engineering services and solutions for the most trusted names in Aero Engines, Aerospace & Defence to deliver solutions across the complete product life cycle, based in Derby.
The Lead Design Engineers / SMEs will have core technical expertise along with connects within specific SCUs (Compressors, Turbines, Externals or Installations) and able to interact with client Integrated Project Team Leads and Chief Engineers. An SME should have progressed into a position of technical responsibility including but not limited to signatory status and heading an engineering discipline or domain (such as turbine/ compressors).
- Integrate between Design, Stress and CDG functions to achieve the best cost, weight, performance and delivery. Justifying designs at technical and business review meetings.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to Engineering team to achieve design requirements.
- Define deliverables and tasks for statement of work documents.
- Support detailed Design Definition reports which accurately describe your requirements, concepts, concept selection criterion, risks and how the design will be verified and validated.
- Provide project management support to ensure team activities are well organised, goals are met and engineering risks are dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure that solutions are delivered on time, on cost and to the expected level of quality.
- Deliver robust time and effort estimations for project plans to the relevant Chief of Sub-Systems/Integrated Project Team Leads.
- Ensure the plan delivers all requirements (E.g. programme and technical).
- Support the Project change control processes.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering subject or equivalent.
- Experienced in the design and modification of existing design of Gas Turbine components such as Compressors, Fans, Shaft, Gears, Combustion Chamber, Turbines, and Nozzle etc.
- Basic understanding of Stress and Vibration.
- Good understanding of Gas Turbine Engines & design requirements & accessory transmission system.
- Experience of design process within the aerospace industry.
- Good 3D Modelling and analysis skills as well as familiarity with manufacturing methods.
- Good knowledge of drawing creation (ISO/ASME) and interpretation of geometric tolerances.
- Knowledge of Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management (TeamCenter / Unigraphics / NX and PDM).
- Good knowledge of Project Management, Risk Management, Requirements Management.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of design engineering.
- Ability to quickly understand new problems and develop solutions.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit